Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do. There have been many cases of people ordering offline and applying the referral credit after the fact with their sales advisors (see my experience with that posted earlier). It sounds like a valid request. Early on in the referral program, there were many sales advisors demanding to have the phone/email of all referrals to make sure they were really "friends" but that lasted only a few weeks.

This is exactly right. I configured my vehicle right after my test drive with my awesome advisor. I then found out after the fact about the referral program as my design sat on my account. I asked how to apply it to it and he said I couldn't unless I redesigned.

I wanted him to get credit for the hard work and everything he did for me so I ensured he got what he needed and sure enough he applied it the moment I got the info from a great member here.

Piece of cake.

I do understand your concern but in my scenario that was nowhere near the actual events.

This is exactly right. I configured my vehicle right after my test drive with my awesome advisor. I then found out after the fact about the referral program as my design sat on my account. I asked how to apply it to it and he said I couldn't unless I redesigned.

I wanted him to get credit for the hard work and everything he did for me so I ensured he got what he needed and sure enough he applied it the moment I got the info from a great member here.

Piece of cake.

I do understand your concern but in my scenario that was nowhere near the actual events.

The needing the phone number and possible the email address is legit if they go through an advisor. I just talked to the guy who was needing mine. Unfortunately, I didn't get back to him soon enough. He found another person who referrals left and they applied that one. So, I missed this one because I guess I am overly paranoid.

@Boourns is up next! You just missed out during the referral thread merge, so now's your shot. You have two days! Please keep us posted if you have any activity. I'm told the weekends are popular for referrals, as well it's getting close to the end of the discount program, so hopefully you'll see some referrals.

@GasKilla -- have you seen any activity?

@Boourns is up next! You just missed out during the referral thread merge, so now's your shot. You have two days! Please keep us posted if you have any activity. I'm told the weekends are popular for referrals, as well it's getting close to the end of the discount program, so hopefully you'll see some referrals.

@GasKilla -- have you seen any activity?
I went from zero to one referal. Thanks for putting me on the board! At least I'm in the raffle now.

Yes, I believe that would work, but that's just a guess. YMMV! ;)
Here is an email conversation with a prospective buyer, emphasis mine:
"I am seriously considering a Tesla and the Sales Advisor recommended that I ask a current Tesla owner for their referral code.
It would give me a $1000 off the price of the car and enter you in a drawing for free items.
Do you have a referral code that you are willing to share with me?
If you cannot find it on your My Tesla page, they are willing to look it up with your name, email address used on My Tesla and last 6 digits of your VIN."
That seems to be quite a different experience than being asked for credentials... So YMMV indeed!

Heya peoples... I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to @GasKilla for private conversation as I was considering a Model X... and it culminated with an order today and a referral for him!! :)

I should be joining the club properly in September.... I hope the crew helps me rack up my own referrals when the next program opens! :)
Congratulations! Thanks for using my referal, gald I could help you out. I have several more referals available if anyone is interested. Anyone who has questions about Teslas, referals, etc feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.