Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right it includes still a small benefit for early buyers, that of being able to transfer the free Supercharging. But who is to say Tesla won't simply keep up with this promotion as ofter or as long as it takes, until Model 3 can sustain them...
The promotion helps the current owners and many new buyers of Model S and X. Tesla is wise in promoting new car sales to retain high production numbers.

The interesting twist in the promotion is how all Model S and X ordered after January 15th do not have free supercharging for the next owner. Friends will be encouraged to purchase new. Newer vehicles have AP 2 capabilities and some with 100 kWh batteries that will help their sales with or without free Supercharging. Many have AP 1 capability that some prefer. The older Model S and X retain their free supercharging as a perk that will delight those buyers. I see this as more choices for all. As resale value declines, there are more drivers who can afford Model S. A few prices seen on the forum are approaching the $35,000 cost of Model 3. Everyone should be pleased as more drivers get to their destination enjoying electric powered vehicles.

• Love
Reactions: MXWing
@K-MTG I was able to get 2 referrals this last period. I kind of think the issue is that 6 months ago there weren't nearly as many Teslas on the road so it was easier to get referrals. Especially for those of us with a Model X. Now that Tesla is cranking out 25k cars each quarter, there are a lot more people out there with referral links. That's really the only thing I can come up with unless there really is a bug in the system.

• Informative
Reactions: K-MTG
It is a great marketing! I rushed to get into a MX prior to the END of supercharging and now through referral codes (easily available) unlimited supercharging would still be available. Like I read on this forum, Tesla needed a super boost in deliveries and it worked. I have to say though that auto steer is great but I wonder if full self driving will ever exist.

I had two referral rewards from the period of March 16 to "June 15", but now is considered a "Past reward".

I wanted to redeem these 2 delivered referral rewards for the Tesla Luggage carry-on.

How do I redeem? Or did I miss the window ? I was waiting until June 15, but it looks like Tesla ended this reward period early. (?) thanks

<ring> <ring>
Elon
: Hello?
Oprah: Elon, we need to have a talk...
JNhU5Tt.gif

Last edited:
I am dad of two little girls, Isabella and Katherine. I want to give them a toy Tesla. Can someone help me using my referral code jiyang3933 or referral link My Tesla Referral Code to order to help them get their toy? By using it you will get $1000 toward your new Tesla and free lifetime supercharging too. My daughters are grateful if you can help thanks.
Jimmy

Screenshot_20170520-005446.png

I am dad of two little girls, Isabella and Katherine. I want to give them a toy Tesla. Can someone help me using my referral code jiyang3933 or referral link My Tesla Referral Code to order to help them get their toy? By using it you will get $1000 toward your new Tesla and free lifetime supercharging too. My daughters are grateful if you can help thanks.

Jimmy
Screenshot_20170520-005446.png

It is a great marketing! I rushed to get into a MX prior to the END of supercharging and now through referral codes (easily available) unlimited supercharging would still be available. Like I read on this forum, Tesla needed a super boost in deliveries and it worked. I have to say though that auto steer is great but I wonder if full self driving will ever exist.

So basically you rushed into a sort of bait and switch. ;)

Just got an email this morning with Tesla's new promotion offering $1000 off a new S or X plus free Supercharging. Figured I'd share it here.

My Tesla Referral Code

Only thing somewhat disappointing is that the previous promotion enabled the promoter to also get a $1000 discount/credit towards Tesla. The new promotion gives a kids toy for the first , a front line spot for solar roof for the second and new tires for the third. So no where near as beneficial to the promoter.

Oh well, if your in the market feel free to use the code.

Yes, we got it too.

That's so awesome! This is one instance that I'm happy to have been wrong! I hope Tesla keeps the Free For Life Supercharging indefinitely on the Model S / X. Certainly a "premium" option for their "premium" vehicles compared to the Model 3. I can only hope there is a "premium" Tesla Pickup that offers it as well, as I certainly intend to buy one.

Reactions: JHWJR
Interesting announcement: Tesla retroactively extends free unlimited Supercharging to all current vehicles

In a surprising move, Tesla is now extending free Supercharging to all current vehicles. In other words, all current Tesla owners up to today have access to free Supercharging for the life of their vehicle. Tesla had previously announced the change of the program to a paid model after 400 kWh per year, which was supposed to take place starting January 1st. It later extended the deadline for two weeks before making the change and it is now retroactively extending the deadline to today. The move seems to be due to the new referral program incentive which enables owners to give free Supercharging through five new referrals of the Model S and Model X. Tesla sent us the following statement about the new program:

“We heard from our customers that free, unlimited Supercharging was one of their favorite reasons to refer a friend to buy a Tesla, so we’re bringing it back for Model S and Model X owners through our referral program, which we update periodically. Beginning today, existing owners can give free, unlimited Supercharging to up to five friends by sharing their referral code, and all existing Tesla owners who purchase a new Model S or Model X will receive free, unlimited Supercharging too.

you already get 1k off your price as a buyer, anything beyond that is really just gravy.
Really, so if a new buyer picks a heavily publicized referral code of say one of the guys who have Tesla videos on YouTube that buyer won't get free Supercharger if that code has been used five times -- and that's ok? And I see somone liked your comment. Wow.

• Disagree
Reactions: princeofhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.