Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that the way Founder's cars worked is that you pay the base price for the model but you get a fully loaded Founder's edition.

I won the Model X Founder and payed the "base price". This was for a Model X 90D (the only one produced when they released it) and I got all the options for free. Also the Performance and the Ludi. But not the winter tyres.

Reactions: MP3Mike and DÆrik
Feel like this is Photoshop...
It's real for those who have unlocked the secret level.
Screenshot_20170712-090947.png

Reactions: DÆrik
Historically, founder's editions are fully loaded and have one price. So I interpret this as being 10% off the price of the car, and 2% for every referral thereafter. At 50, it's free.

Humorously, I suggested a founder's next-gen roadster as a referral award to Elon 4 days ago on twitter.

My guess is it was already in the works.. but wouldn't it be cool if Elon saw my tweet and said "Hey, good idea!" :)

Last edited:
So I've got this screen now in my loot box. Just getting to be the first of anything Tesla is a blessing and a curse. But what's the incentive for my referral to use my code? Sure they get $1000 off but I've gifted my free supercharging to 5 people already so they won't get that or do they? If it looks anything like that artist rendering I'm buying one. Also I'd want VIN 002 knowing Elon would have 001 unless he wanted to trade, I'd be willing to take 001.

Historically, founder's editions are fully loaded and have one price. So I interpret this as being 10% off the price of the car, and 2% for every referral thereafter. At 50, it's free.

Humorously, I suggested a founder's next-gen roadster as a referral award to Elon 4 days ago on twitter.

My guess is it was already in the works.. but wouldn't it be cool if Elon saw my tweet and said "Hey, good idea!" :)

Now that IS AWESOME! I think it counts! Now to get moving on my referrals!

Status
Not open for further replies.