Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with this? Usually when someone tells me they use my code to order online or ordered in a store, it shows up within a day or two in my tesla account.
I just had someone order over the phone with a sales rep, used my code. It's been 5 days and nothing is showing in my account. Did the rep pull a switch-a-roo?

Yup. That happened to me too. Had someone use the code with a sales associate (i.e. not online), and it never showed up on the Mytesla page. He asked me if it had, and I said that sometimes the SAs swap in codes of "friends" -- the buyer still gets the credit, and usually nobody knows the difference. I've tried following up three times if he sorted it out with the SA, but I never heard back to find out what happened.

Yup. That happened to me too. Had someone use the code with a sales associate (i.e. not online), and it never showed up on the Mytesla page. He asked me if it had, and I said that sometimes the SAs swap in codes of "friends" -- the buyer still gets the credit, and usually nobody knows the difference. I've tried following up three times if he sorted it out with the SA, but I never heard back to find out what happened.

Had this happen a few times as well.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
3 more days and referrals will get a little harder.... then there will be no more 1k discount... although the free supercharging is still an awesome incentive.

3 referrals left... no waiting... LOL

Not greedy I just want one more so I can get my 21" rims.... Someone help me out.... you might just save my marriage too.... if i spend one more Saturday at the showroom my wife is going to kill me!!!

Apparently she doesnt understand obsession...LOL... in the meantime i have gifts i have no use for.. so frustrating

HELP!!!!!!

Anyhow, does everybody know there is an existing spot in member profiles labeled “Referral”? - why doesn’t everybody just put theirs there? Then Mods could ban them everywhere else on the forum, and if anybody feels another member has helped them make a decision on their purchase they can simply click on the helpful person's name on the sidebar and easily get their code from the profile page (or of course PM them). That way, codes are out of everybody's faces and out of discussion threads, yet easily obtainable from someone who's been helpful. Makes way more sense than a newly-joined member with 1 post giving a link here and getting a referral click from a random stranger.

It's there and been that way for months. I don't think anyone knows to use it though.

I didn't know it was there (have now added it to mine) -- but it's doubtful that someone new to the forum will know where to look. If they click on someone's profile, they then need to know to click through to the Information page. And finally, since you cannot put in a url, but only a code, they'll need to tell a sales advisor, rather than just doing it online.

@doug - I still vote for 'in the signature' solution. No waiving about of 'I'll give you this', just the url. Then it's there, it's not advertising, and it stops the posts about 'use my code!!!!'.

Happened to me as well - spent a ton of time helping someone and they swapped the referral code for someone else's -- rather annoying!
This is why I tell people when they get ready to order, first click on the referral URL, it puts you in the design studio with the referral already applied, then you can order away. No switcheroonie, no ‘oops, add it afterwards’, you are all set.

Badly want the arachnid wheels for our 2017 S and since the $1000 off referral promotion expires October 31, I'll make this offer:

The next person who uses my referral will get:

1. Any of your Model S or Model X purchase questions answered by me! I encourage you to ask away - will happily provide my phone and personal email.
  2. The code for EITHER the Kids Radio Flyer Tesla OR Signature Black Tesla High Power Wall Connector (signed by Elon Musk!) upon taking delivery of your new Tesla (once they send code to me) - the item would be shipped directly to your home.
I already have one of each, so they're useless to me, and I'd then be able to self-refer for our Model X and get the Arachnids :)

Please send me a private message for the code so I also know who you are and we could stay in touch!

Just hit my 4th referral being delivered so looks like I am getting a 3rd powerwall for sure. Has anyone received one of the red signature powerwall 2s from the last several rounds of the program? I know some received power wall 1s from the 2015 phase of the referral program, but did anyone get theirs installed from any of the 2016/2017 phases?

Last edited:
They're just calling people now to arrange engineering review and installation of the PW2s from phase 6. As far as I know, none have actually been installed yet.

That's awesome!!!! I am hoping I can reach 4 referrals before the end of the year...

Especially since my former tweet regarding power walls was seen by Elon:

Elon Musk on Twitter

Is there anything else special about the red powerwall?

They're just calling people now to arrange engineering review and installation of the PW2s from phase 6. As far as I know, none have actually been installed yet.

I received a survey from phase 6 for the powerwall, but have not been called. I might install a couple from two phases in one location. I wonder if they will layer together the installation credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.