Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot imagine they would stop... the referral program gives them thousands of extra sales people all over the world... it would be stupid in my opinion to delete s program that is so successful for what is likely a nominal costs.... what do you think their production costs are on the HPWC or arachnid rims... 25% of retail cost at most....even the free supercharging is limited in that most people will sell or trade in in 2-4 years...and out of that group not many are really doing consistent long distance travel where the supercharger is costing any significant amount....

what company says "we are selling enough"

44%,but who's counting? :)

Also, realize that the IRS is probably going to want their cut of the discount as income tax (I know that this is controversial). And state sales tax depending on how your state handles it. For people with 50 or more referrals (90%-100% discount), this could add up to a chunk of change. Sure, it's a little less than half of the price of the Roadster, but it's far from "free" at the end of the day.

For the love of god and all that's holy**, please, no more Arachnid wheels+tires.

** I'm an atheist.
I wonder when the roadster discount program end,Jan 31th 2018? or 2020?

The unlocking of the secret level was a manual process after Tesla staffed did some verifications to make sure you weren't abusing the program. Given the program is ending in a few hours they probably aren't unlocking the secret levels for more people right now.

I see. So one would have to contact Tesla and have them unlock the secret level before I make that 6th referral?

• Helpful
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I have 27 to go. Somehow I don't think I'm going to make it. C'est la vie. (And seriously, NOT complaining.)

With that kind of discount, I'm pretty sure I can rationalize it.

Getting a roadster for an S price is an awesome deal!! But I would assume they are going to make you buy the founder edition? And tax will be a nightmare

Getting a roadster for an S price is an awesome deal!! But I would assume they are going to make you buy the founder edition? And tax will be a nightmare

It depends how you read it. The way I originally read it you get the Founder's Series Roadster for a discounted percentage off the cost for a base Roadster. The exact wording is "we'll give you the ability to purchase a Founder's Series next gen Roadster at a 10% discount off the base price." Which price does the "base price" refer to? The base price for the Roadster or the base price for the Founder's Series Roadster?

Status
Not open for further replies.