Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed some changes with the new referral program?
1. My new referrals aren't being tallied up on my referral page (visible to others when they use my link).
2. New referrals only show the first name.

Maybe they are just changing things for privacy reasons? Things were the same as usual on 8/1 but seemed to have changed around 8/3.
Are you still seing this problem? I got a referral a couple of days ago and the counter increased, full name and it shows the email.

I'm currently having an issue with the referral program. I referred someone and they took delivery of their X, somehow my code way "mistyped" into the system and even though both myself and my referral have called and emailed several times Tesla continues to "work" on it. I'm sure it'll get corrected but its been 8 months and still no resolution. Any suggestions who to reach out to?

Your referral wasn't mistyped.. it was stolen by a sales associate who substituted in a code of a friend or other customer so they would get the Wall Charger (think used car salespeople tactics). I don't think anyone's been able to get that easily fixed -- they are very very hesitant to change a referral code after the order is placed (although it has happened once or twice). I've had three or four referrals stolen in this manner and never could get it fixed. If it's really been eight months, it's possible the person already got the referral award if it's the Radio Flyer car, and maybe even the wall charger by now. In that case, I wouldn't be so sure it's fixable, sorry to say. You can try emailing [email protected] and/or using the executive escalation option on your Tesla Account page. Good luck! And please let us know if you are successful.

• Informative
Reactions: nasatech
I'm currently having an issue with the referral program. I referred someone and they took delivery of their X, somehow my code way "mistyped" into the system and even though both myself and my referral have called and emailed several times Tesla continues to "work" on it. I'm sure it'll get corrected but its been 8 months and still no resolution. Any suggestions who to reach out to?

I agree with @HankLloydRight. This has happened to me 3-4 times and only once did I manage to correct it. Spoke with a guy in Netherlands that was head of the referral program for Europe. He said there was NO way that they miss spelled it as the referral used was completely different from mine :( Very sad!

I agree with @HankLloydRight. This has happened to me 3-4 times and only once did I manage to correct it. Spoke with a guy in Netherlands that was head of the referral program for Europe. He said there was NO way that they miss spelled it as the referral used was completely different from mine :( Very sad!
Has also happened to me. There should be some sort of recourse over issues like this. Would anyone like to tweet Elon?

Has also happened to me. There should be some sort of recourse over issues like this. Would anyone like to tweet Elon?

I would suggest not doing that. He has much bigger things to worry about these days.

Besides, last time someone tweeted him about the referral program, his knee jerk reaction was to (temporary) ban all referrals from YouTube creators and other websites.

I would suggest not doing that. He has much bigger things to worry about these days.

Besides, last time someone tweeted him about the referral program, his knee jerk reaction was to (temporary) ban all referrals from YouTube creators and other websites.
Fair enough. I really do wish there was something we can do. The Tesla referral email has never replied to me and calling in does absolutely nothing

I figured out the first name only thing. It looks like it is happening for Model 3 orders only, whereas S and X orders will show first and last name and appear in the official count. I think this has something to do with the fact that Model 3 orders can be editted, but not sure
That's what we suggested last week. It could explain why international referral codes aren't seeing it because their referral codes probably aren't being used for too many Performance 3s yet.

Just a heads up, not a single one of my referrals has shown up where the advisors enter it in manually, all the ones that have used the link have shown up. There is something seriously backed up on Teslas side for manually entering in codes
I’ve had 3 referrals in 2018 and they all came from a person giving the salesman my code. None were via my link.

/edit. And the model X I just ordered using someone else’s code I had to get the salesman to put it in manually as the person didn’t have a working link yet (he still hadn’t taken delivery).

Status
Not open for further replies.