Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.38

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough, can’t say I’ve ever experienced any phantom braking while driving the car myself.

Has anyone else had this happen to them with the last update? Maybe worth raising a service request
Yes, happens on AP and normal driving, had a nightmare on the M6 Sunday. I’ve reported it and was fobbed off by a tec claiming you can fix it by turning off forward collision. Reading between the lines of the conversation, they are aware of it, but didn’t have a solution. I’ve just updated to .6, and not tried it yet.

But the new default? ie, after install, you don't change the setting, do you get TACC or Autosteer?
IIRC the dialogue after download asked if I wanted to enable one tap, then after accepting, in the settings I can set one tap to either autosteer or TACC.

Now with autosteer enabled I'm not sure I can activate TACC with the stalk, will have to check it out later.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
1700052857723.png

Heated seats and wipers as options huh?

And what happens when someone with basic AP indicates while autosteer is on; does it revert to autosteer once the indicator is cancelled?
It never has, you have to re-engage manually.

Also, sometimes indicating cancels autosteer automatically, other times it doesn't so you force it off when turning the wheel (with the annoying snagging sensation)...

It never has, you have to re-engage manually.

Also, sometimes indicating cancels autosteer automatically, other times it doesn't so you force it off when turning the wheel (with the annoying snagging sensation)...
I know, but with this new implementation there is a new 'default'.

I find that indicating always cancels; you just need to press the stalk beyond the 'click' instead of using the half press for one-touch operation.

I find that indicating always cancels; you just need to press the stalk beyond the 'click' instead of using the half press for one-touch operation.
It cancels for me most of the time with the half press, too. Sometimes it doesn't which is odd, you'd expect it to be one way or the other consistently. Though we are talking about Tesla, so I guess nothing should be a surprise...

Reactions: MB11 and thax1
The question then is; how do you just enable TACC?
And what happens when someone with basic AP indicates while autosteer is on; does it revert to autosteer once the indicator is cancelled?
From the looks of that toggle - you don't.

if you make AP be a single pull, then there's nothing to engage TACC with. The only thing I presume you could do, which would be pretty weird, would be to single pull to engage AP and then break out of it by turning the wheel, leaving TACC on.

And also just lol that you think you can get the majestical EAP feature of AP staying on after a lane change without paying for it.

From the looks of that toggle - you don't.

if you make AP be a single pull, then there's nothing to engage TACC with. The only thing I presume you could do, which would be pretty weird, would be to single pull to engage AP and then break out of it by turning the wheel, leaving TACC on.

And also just lol that you think you can get the majestical EAP feature of AP staying on after a lane change without paying for it.
Presumably, indicating to change lane would deactivate AP but leave TACC running as it currently does...