Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was offered the .2 revision all day yesterday for 2019 M3. I drove 3 1/2 hours, stopping at several different work locations. Each time I parked, I was offered the update and I declined. Then I got home and plugged in and was ready to apply the update… But it was gone. And I’m still not being offered it today.
teslascope reported that there are some bugs in .2 that caused them to stop the rollout and pull it from some cars that had not yet downloaded the software. Apparently, yet another version is coming.

Whole lotta crickets in holiday update-land today:

1703208607956.png

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
I had I think 44.30.2 waiting, but now it’s gone - pulled.

I SURE could have used some AUTO wipers that did ANYTHING… frog strangler rain storm here on the west coast, and AUTO did NOTHING, wouldn’t even turn on.. had to switch back and forth from 2-3-4-2-4-1-3 etc.

Last edited:
On the left Its not possible for a car to park there since there is a curb and walkway
Curious, do the predictions change if you approach your parking spot from the left vs right? The picture you shared shows a pillar to the left of the imaginary car, but presumably the left repeater would be blocked by the vehicle adjacent to you but maybe the rear camera could see it. I wonder if there's a good way to reset any potentially stored memory from the approach to test things out more consistently?

Presumably if there were other visual cues for a different parking spot like a wall, it wouldn't predict both a wall and imaginary vehicle even if confused by a reflection.

Curious, do the predictions change if you approach your parking spot from the left vs right? The picture you shared shows a pillar to the left of the imaginary car, but presumably the left repeater would be blocked by the vehicle adjacent to you but maybe the rear camera could see it. I wonder if there's a good way to reset any potentially stored memory from the approach to test things out more consistently?

Presumably if there were other visual cues for a different parking spot like a wall, it wouldn't predict both a wall and imaginary vehicle even if confused by a reflection.
From left to right, there is a single parking stall(no car), walkway with a pillar on each side, my neighbor(car), me, my other neighbor(suv) and wall. On the other side of the wall is a walk way, then wall, then more parking spots. I just made a quick video of me driving up to the parking spot from the left. It started out correct but as I pulled in it seemed forget what it just saw and added extra cars.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
It started out correct but as I pulled in it seemed forget what it just saw and added extra cars
Thanks for the video. Quite interesting that the original photo you shared showed the pillar prediction a whole extra car width away, which I suppose is better than predicting a pillar going through an imaginary car.

park assist.jpg

The pillar disappears pretty quickly in your video, so I guess object permanence isn't that strong for these current predictions. Presumably these were trained to be most accurate for the nearest objects while further objects could be false positives based on more likely patterns from training data.

The pillar disappears pretty quickly in your video, so I guess object permanence isn't that strong for these current predictions.
Object permanence isn’t going to override what the system believes it’s seeing now, it would be used to fill in gaps in information where the car realises it can’t see anything.

In this case the car isn’t forgetting the pillar is there, it’s replacing it in the model with objects it thinks it can currently see in that same space.

What an absolute mess of a holiday update this is. Emails saying that you already HAVE it while many people still don't have any update yet. Multiple versions that have all now been pulled, even while some people were downloading an update. Now ANOTHER new version 23.44.30.5.1 and stating over. This "Frankenstein" all in one update is just too much. Tesla should have continued the tradition of offering a xx.25.x as the holiday update and put the NHTSA recall in a separate update after the holidays.

Last edited:
What an absolute mess of a holiday update this is. Emails saying that you already HAVE it while many people still don't have any update yet. Multiple versions that have all now been pulled, even while some people were downloading an update. Now ANOTHER new version 23.44.30.5.1 and stating over. This "Frankenstein" all in one update is just too much. Tesla should have continued the tradition of offering a xx.25.x as the holiday update and put the NHTSA recall in a separate update after the holidays.
Does seem a bit of a mess. I am now running .2 and wondering what bugs it has that necessitated .3-5

Let’s hope it’s nothing important 😬

Reactions: buckets0fun
Thanks for the video. Quite interesting that the original photo you shared showed the pillar prediction a whole extra car width away, which I suppose is better than predicting a pillar going through an imaginary car.

View attachment 1002022

The pillar disappears pretty quickly in your video, so I guess object permanence isn't that strong for these current predictions. Presumably these were trained to be most accurate for the nearest objects while further objects could be false positives based on more likely patterns from training data.
Maybe reflections ARE confusing the neural network then. That should be solved with more training—shouldn’t be a huge problem.

I don’t think it’s a big deal though if it’s stuff that’s occluded by foreground objects.

Reactions: hey8you
The email did not say YOU have it. It was an email informing all customers of what features are in the update.

Keep in mind there are probably thousands (tens of thousands?) of permutations of hardware configurations. Multiple screen orientations and sizes, vendors, etc. and very complex software. It’s a very difficult problem to maintain a codebase supporting so many different configurations.

I'm wondering if people getting updates have their Update Preference set to Advanced. My 2022 MSLR is still on 2023.44.1. Hopefully my Standard setting will delay an update until it is stable.