Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I understand, VIN’s aren’t assigned until your car has at least started the production process. And since cars pretty much come out of the factory and directly to a truck for delivery, I’m thinking there’s going to be very little time between the time us Californian’s get assigned a VIN and when we get actual delivery. I live in the Bay Area and my SA told me it’s only going to be a day or two between the time my car finishes production and when it will be delivered.

Reactions: Ubez and JetBlack
03/28/2021 ordered MY LR No FSD/Tow black on black with the Gemini rims, ordered from the seaside Monterrey store. No VIN as of yet, and my delivery window has changed a number of times, but currently at May 9th to May 29th, hoping that holds true.

Ordered on 3/30/21 for delivery at Tesla Costa Mesa.
MY LR, Black/Black, 20" Inductions, 7 seater, no tow, no FSD.

In the early days after my order, my SA mentioned expected delivery date of June.
Current Estimated Delivery: May 05 - May 25
My latest estimated delivery was May 6 - 26, but since yesterday, May 4, the dates have disappeared. I've read that several people have received their VINs shortly after this has happened. Should I remain doubtful? Hehe.

Yes! Let's hope our missing dates are consistent with those who receive VIN's soon after. You have great taste btw. I think our configs are the sleekest and sexiest. Hehe
I agree as well, i dont have the 7 seat config but the rest is so nice, with that black paint i was told from tesla its one coat even, so my suggestion is to get mud flaps and PPF asap to protect that beautiful black paint.

Reactions: Ubez and JetBlack
I agree as well, i dont have the 7 seat config but the rest is so nice, with that black paint i was told from tesla its one coat even, so my suggestion is to get mud flaps and PPF asap to protect that beautiful black paint.

I have a hard time picking between front PPF + ceramic vs. full car PPF... I know this isn't a lambo but I'd hate to see scratches/haze start to appear after a few years.. my local shop says its about a 2.5k vs. 6k estimate

Reactions: JetBlack
I have a hard time picking between front PPF + ceramic vs. full car PPF... I know this isn't a lambo but I'd hate to see scratches/haze start to appear after a few years.. my local shop says its about a 2.5k vs. 6k estimate
I think I'll go clear bra PPF on the front bumper and hood with ceramic coat. Full car PPF is too expensive.
Especially when I'm going install most likely Llumar Ceramic tint on the rear, top, sides, and Clear UV tint on the front windshield, just like my recently sold 2019 TM3 Black/Black.

A plus for 2021 models though, aside from badges, no more chrome to delete!

Black is the sexiest. But only when it's clean, unfortunately. Hehe.

I've been considering mud flaps for a while, but wondering if I should get the ones from Tesla or 3rd party. I'm in SoCal and will drive on roads 99% of the time, so not entirely necessary.

Another option I've been looking at is to put PPF behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels. What you think?

Reactions: Hustle
I think I'll go clear bra PPF on the front bumper and hood with ceramic coat. Full car PPF is too expensive.
Especially when I'm going install most likely Llumar Ceramic tint on the rear, top, sides, and Clear UV tint on the front windshield, just like my recently sold 2019 TM3 Black/Black.

I've been considering mud flaps for a while, but wondering if I should get the ones from Tesla or 3rd party. I'm in SoCal and will drive on roads 99% of the time, so not entirely necessary.

Another option I've been looking at is to put PPF behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels. What you think?
Im in N Cal and yes get the mud flaps not really for mud but to prevent road debris from hitting the lower panels of the MY, i went with the non tesla mud flaps as they are too wide IMHO. if anything get the tesla ppf kit for $50, im covering the entire car.

Reactions: Hustle and JetBlack

that could work too, if cost is high then ppf the front and lower sides as they get hit a bunch, and with driving on CA 99 the worst road ever you cant protect your car enough, Tesla did nt start selling that $50 ppf kit for no reason, they know the lower paint needs the additional protection

Reactions: JetBlack
I wonder if we’re on the same assembly line?! My date also just changed to may31-june20. Prev dates were the same as well.
Mine just got updated again!

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 11.36.37 AM.png