Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered July 18th. Since then, EDD has changed:
  1. 7-11 on day of order
  2. September 15-30 changed day after
  3. July 22 - August 7 changed day after
  4. July 23 - August 7 changed day after
Specs are:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Tow Hitch

Reactions: AlB3
Ordered July 18th. Since then, EDD has changed:
  1. 7-11 on day of order
  2. September 15-30 changed day after
  3. July 22 - August 7 changed day after
  4. July 23 - August 7 changed day after
Specs are:

Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Tow Hitch
Solid spec

Thanks, painful on the wallet though lol but still cheaper than the X. Is there rhyme or logic to how they prioritize the builds? You ordered before me but your EDD is different. Though, I fully expect mine to keep flopping around based on people's experience here.
Appears they prioritize Performance Y’s based on EDD and completed orders I’ve seen. $8-10k premium to shave a month off the wait.

Reactions: TiggerOC
Dang it, guess one of my replies didn't post. I'll try to remember it...

Was out on a run today, I'm in South OC. Saw a full car delivery truck (dunno what they're called) full of Teslas...driving on the 405 North...from South OC. I thought this was interesting. Since we're obviously south of Fremont, I would imagine trucks would drive full in a southbound direction to unload. A few possibilities I tried thinking through:

1. Trains delivered cars to somewhere further south and a truck loaded them up to deliver north of here
2. The truck delivered a car or two somewhere further south of here before driving north to deliver more. But in that case, I would expect it to deliver the cars north of here first.

Any ideas? These little things keep me sane during the wait 😂

Reactions: TiggerOC
On sixth day of October EDD for May 11 order
Yesterday was day 6 of “October” for me and I just received the blue button this morning! Whoops, I totally forgot to look for the VIN…

…what the heck, I’m getting a most likely rejected VIN of 217xxx after all this waiting?!?! Screw this, I’m already prepared to reject this car.