Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Urgh! I ALMOST pulled the trigger on my config. Called my SA and he said he could dump FSD but it would trigger the new pricing so it would be an extra $2k (I ordered early April before most price increases). He assured me I would get the car before the end of the month so I am HOLDING THE LINE! ✊

Reactions: sdiesel619
Little update for those SoCal / San Diego / Orange County peeps.

Just finished my tints from Jason at Express Vinyl Wraps in Carlsbad.

I went with 30%. So a little less dark than the factory tints in the rear.

They came out super nice, as usual (third car he’s done for me, and we’re scheduling my wrap for august)

tell him I sent you (Mike from lemon grove) and he said he would hook it up for $85 for the front two windows. (Not sure price if you do additional stuff, but likely a great price).

Attachments

• FCA76C82-E0B9-4B6E-AC66-90F860C02DAA.jpeg
    FCA76C82-E0B9-4B6E-AC66-90F860C02DAA.jpeg
    598.8 KB · Views: 60
  • D2082650-06CD-473B-BD4A-64AE531AD0B5.jpeg
    D2082650-06CD-473B-BD4A-64AE531AD0B5.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 9EE55390-CCFE-443E-9FF3-AA2BD59BEA4F.jpeg
    9EE55390-CCFE-443E-9FF3-AA2BD59BEA4F.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 44
  • E2BAE9D7-9B2E-48EF-A495-F54AD1DFA404.jpeg
    E2BAE9D7-9B2E-48EF-A495-F54AD1DFA404.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 47
So if I search existing inventory using 94538 (Fremont, CA) and within 200 mile radius, it gives 39 "New"/Demo MYs. If I enter my cities zip code (94089) which is only 10 miles away from Fremont, I get zero results. What gives?!
I am going to wait for my MY to get built. The forever-changing EDD sucks big time, but I am pretty sure it will be ready in June.

Oh and an update on my actual delivery. I have service scheduled for the 8th to review and fix:

- small scuffs on the rear bumper plastic at the bottom
- scuff/scratch on the roof pillar above the drivers door
- rear driver side door rubber interior trim is out of line and needs possible remounting
- the steering wheel isn’t centered, so when it is totally straightened it’s actually closer to it 1 o’clock (see pic)
- want them to check the tires and/or suspension. It’s incredibly bouncy at highway speeds. Feels stutterery sometimes. Like I’m bouncing on a ball. Up and down, up and down

Reactions: Vin_L and Emmadiane
I'm so close to pulling the trigger as well but skeptical on getting a Demo. Do you already have the VIN and delivery assigned?
I just purchased a demo just now with 3k miles in it already. Almost same specs but have premium interior. I feel like demo cars should be fine especially they probably went through extensive quality checks. I got at least $800 discount but 1k more due to price increase so $200 difference. I got the ViN instantly but you need to pay first before getting delivery date. I called my SC and they said they don’t have it yet but I’ll probably will be able to pick it up this weekend. I forgot to mention it initially have FsD but I called my SA to remove the FSD. VIN 152xxx . I wonder what month it was made.

I am going to wait for my MY to get built. The forever-changing EDD sucks big time, but I am pretty sure it will be ready in June.
My SA who keeps in good contact with me basically said the same thing. He is always super conservative and caveats everything he says to me but he used the words "guarantee" when saying I would get my car before the end of June.