Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model Y LR Metallic White Interior 20” Wheels on 4/17. Haven’t received a vin at all and it’s going on 10 full weeks EDD 6/24-6/30. Everyday the EDD start date is pushed back but the end date doesn’t change. Cool car to have but I feel like my wait is never going to end. SA told me I’ll be prioritized but I doubt it with my EDD

Reactions: elizabeth22
Just took delivery last Friday at the Dublin SC. Total wait time is more than 10 weeks (ordered 04/05; took delivery 06/18).

My takeaway from this experience? Tesla is really bad at communicating with their customers. The estimated delivery dates are not reliable. Mine changed more than 10 times and I'm not kidding. The service advisors really don't have an idea when your car is gonna get delivered until you get a VIN. In my experience, the only time you get real updates is when you get a VIN. My original delivery date was 06/05 but got pushed out for another 2 weeks because the car failed final inspection. It took them 2 weeks to fix a small dent. Overall, Tesla really needs to improve on their customer service.

By the way, the car is AWESOME!

Reactions: EvilGeniusWD
I am in Simi also. When did you order and what’s is your config?
MYLR5 White/White, 20", Tow, No FSD, Ordered 4/29 and completed most of my profile same day, but didn't accept financing until 6/1. SA said not to if I was still looking for 3rd party financing. Which BTW, was the wrong thing to do apparently because you aren't thrown into the waiting queue (completed profile) until you accept financing, say cash, or byof.

BTW, people put their config/order info in their signature which you can see on a computer. On mobile, you have to tilt phone to landscape then you can see it under people's posts.

What about you?

Reactions: YForMeee
How do we know if we have teh new headlight?
All new Model 3s are coming with the new headlights. Seems that the MYPs are getting them but the MYLR still are being built with the older style headlights. You can read all about it here:

MYLR5 White/White, 20", Tow, No FSD, Ordered 4/29 and completed most of my profile same day, but didn't accept financing until 6/1. SA said not to if I was still looking for 3rd party financing. Which BTW, was the wrong thing to do apparently because you aren't thrown into the waiting queue (completed profile) until you accept financing, say cash, or byof.

BTW, people put their config/order info in their signature which you can see on a computer. On mobile, you have to tilt phone to landscape then you can see it under people's posts.

What about you?
I did end up finding your specs. I’ve added mine as well but I don’t have a signature area. It’s under about I believe. Then again, I’m so new I can only today like or edit posts. MYP / white on white / 5 seater / no tow or FSD / ordered and completed profile 6/20. EDD shows 7/4-7/24.

I did end up finding your specs. I’ve added mine as well but I don’t have a signature area. It’s under about I believe. Then again, I’m so new I can only today like or edit posts. MYP / white on white / 5 seater / no tow or FSD / ordered and completed profile 6/20. EDD shows 7/4-7/24.
So when I see that White on White MYP in Simi and get jealous, I'll know who it is! Well, I hope your EDD is on point. Tesla has made other mistakes with my order, I'm losing faith.

Reactions: YForMeee
If you get a VIN before some of the April orders, there are going to be some angry people in this thread. Haha.

But Tesla is still quoting 1-10 weeks for new MYP orders.

Finally, got a VIN 11:50pm last night!! Got an email notification. Ordered 5/1, MYLR, Red/Black, 19", 5 seater, no tow, fsd, third party financing. Now, I am trying to get FSD removed. Hoping the new price will not kick in.
I have literally the same configuration except no FSD and Tesla Financing, profile complete 10 days earlier. No doubt they’re prioritizing FSD orders to capture more revenue, but sucks for us April folks.

This VIN better show up fast 😅