Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten car so far this month, or have a delivery/ pick up planned?
I have a VIN with September EDD

however interested to know of folks thoughts there

-because I’m leaving out of state tmrw for 2 weeks (work trip), my advisor said they will drop off my vehicle in my house driveway while I’m gone (provided I accept the delivery appt ahead of time)

-now they don’t know WHEN that will be but likely during the time I’m gone.

-that said, I asked them how it would work with my inspection, paperwork etc since I’ll be gone. He said that they’ll leave the car locked with the fedex paperwork in the glovebox and once I come back I can sign and send over the registration and upon my trip return I have 24 hours to review/inspect/reject if needed.

I have family at home so they can confirm once the car shows up but it sounds like the car would be physically locked until I accept it on my app whenever I want to. Only concern is if in case of emergency car needs to be moved - that someone in my family can move the car but this kind of sounds like way too accommodating for Tesla/too good to be true. I always thought that if you’re not in town you’d have to go back to the end of the list ?

has anyone had any experience ?

-because I’m leaving out of state tmrw for 2 weeks (work trip), my advisor said they will drop off my vehicle in my house driveway while I’m gone (provided I accept the delivery appt ahead of time)

-that said, I asked them how it would work with my inspection, paperwork etc since I’ll be gone. He said that they’ll leave the car locked with the fedex paperwork in the glovebox and once I come back I can sign and send over the registration and upon my trip return I have 24 hours to review/inspect/reject if needed.

I have family at home so they can confirm once the car shows up but it sounds like the car would be physically locked until I accept it on my app whenever I want to. Only concern is if in case of emergency car needs to be moved - that someone in my family can move the car but this kind of sounds like way too accommodating for Tesla/too good to be true. I always thought that if you’re not in town you’d have to go back to the end of the list ?

They’ve been doing the touchless delivery for a while now (since last year when the pandemic started). It’s pretty much what you described. They drop it off with the key cards and paperwork inside and lock the door. In order to unlock you have to accept delivery in your account (via web). Once you do that, open the Tesla app to unlock the car. You sign the papers and put them in the provided FedEx envelope.

The only thing I’ll correct is that you can’t “reject” delivery once you accept it. But I really don’t think that’s a problem as any issues can be fixed either through warranty or within the first 100 miles (for things like scratches, dents, wheel rash, etc).

Oh, my! Really? My EDD is July 7-27 today. When did you order?
We have the same car order setup. What’s your payment details? Cash? Finance? Trade in? The last 3 days there’s been 0 in inventory vis ev-cpo. I had a edd of July 6-26 and this morning changed to august - September. Every tesla employee I’ve talked to has stated the white model y long range basic order is the most popular one that has so many people waiting. I believe the august delivery, but would like to be proven wrong. Would love to also know your updates ie when u get a vin, delivery etc. you’d be the first person I know with a May order filled with that standard setup

We have the same car order setup. What’s your payment details? Cash? Finance? Trade in? The last 3 days there’s been 0 in inventory vis ev-cpo. I had a edd of July 6-26 and this morning changed to august - September. Every tesla employee I’ve talked to has stated the white model y long range basic order is the most popular one that has so many people waiting. I believe the august delivery, but would like to be proven wrong. Would love to also know your updates ie when u get a vin, delivery etc. you’d be the first person I know with a May order filled with that standard setup
I ordered a MYLR5 with tow, white with black interior. Completed profile 5/26. Delivery location: Vallejo.

just signed up for DCU checking account. Will see if I can transfer loan there from the accepted Tesla loan I have currently. With the rate so low, I’d rather keep some cash liquidity than max out.

We choose pay cash. My EDD was always in June. But these days passed to July. Mine was the very basic config, before I have strong thought I can get it in June, but now I lost all my hope😂😂. I will always update!

This is all my order history.
Ordered on May 14th, MYLR, white exterior, black interior, 5 seats, 19”, no tow, no fsd , Dublin
EDD: May 20th, June 19- June 30
May 27th, June 20- June 30
May 27th, disappear
May 28th, June 18- June 30
May 30th, 3-13 weeks
June 1st, June 20- June 30
June 5th, June 22- June 30
June 6th, June 20- June 30
June 11th, June 18- June 30
June 12th, July 7-July 27
June 13th, July 1- July 20
June 14th, June 30-July 20
June 15th, September
June 16th, June 29-June 30
June 17th, September
June 18th, August 4- August 24
June 19th, July 17- August 6
June 20th, June 23- June 30
June 23th, June 24- June 30
June 24th, July 2- July 22
July 1st, July 5- July 25
July 3rd, July 7-27

Reactions: Whitebeard

Tough position to be in. I debated the same as I’m out of town to 7/10. You only have 24 hours and 100 miles to report issues. Given you are out of town maybe they will give you an exception. But this is Tesla. They are not super customer service centric.

I would say if it looks good then take it. Warranty will cover defects.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Ordered 5/16 in Rocklin. White on black, 5 seat, no tow, no fsd. Originally said June delivery, has been bouncing across July for the last few weeks (July 4-24, then 7/27, then 11-31). Woke up to an EDD of July 22-Aug 11 today. Getting pretty frustrated.

Ordered on May 14th, MYLR, white exterior, black interior, 5 seats, 19”, no tow, no fsd , Dublin
EDD: May 20th, June 19- June 30
May 27th, June 20- June 30
May 27th, disappear
May 28th, June 18- June 30
May 30th, 3-13 weeks
June 1st, June 20- June 30
June 5th, June 22- June 30
June 6th, June 20- June 30
June 11th, June 18- June 30
June 12th, July 7-July 27
June 13th, July 1- July 20
June 14th, June 30-July 20
June 15th, September
June 16th, June 29-June 30
June 17th, September
June 18th, August 4- August 24
June 19th, July 17- August 6
June 20th, June 23- June 30
June 23th, June 24- June 30
June 24th, July 2- July 22
July 1st, July 5- July 25
July 3rd, July 7-27
I ordered the first week of May and my dates have been all over the place also, and probably Dublin/Walnut Creek.

I never got into July (or august) until this morning. It went day by day from 16-30 17-30, all the way through 28-30, then went and said September..

My SA said September also (with a form letter regurgitating what the website said.), so I figured they were useless.

Now it is like yours. So frustrating since I made sure to trade in my previous car well after the EDD date of 4-6 weeks I initially had. That came and went.

So looking at the Teslike Model Y order spreadsheet, looks like my VIN comes in just before some others that were delivered before EOQ in nor.Cal. So I think the thought of Tesla doing their EOQ push focused on NorCal makes sense. Mine probably sat for a bit off the factory since I am SoCal. Hopefully other SoCal people are getting their orders.

Also the other 4 VINs were all BW interior with tow hitch. So maybe there might be more out there like that getting deliveries soon?

I have the same config as you, ordered May 12 for Fremont. EDD showing as July 11-31 now

I spent like 30 minutes last night setting up an automated checker, so now I'll get notified whenever the EDD changes lol. It changed at ~5am last night.

Reactions: MaryZ