Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been watching this forum ever since I placed my order and finally got annoyed enough with constant EDD changes to add my data point here for everyone.
I paid the $100 5/29, completed the profile 5/30 but had a trade in that may have taken them as late as 6/1 to return with a crap offer that I immediately rejected. Does that make my profile date 6/1?

Order location: Santa Barbara
Order Spec: MYLR White, 20", everything else stock
Current EDD: Was October until a few hours ago when it switched to 9/9 - 9/29, way later than I signed up for

Reactions: MTBevrider
I've been watching this forum ever since I placed my order and finally got annoyed enough with constant EDD changes to add my data point here for everyone.
I paid the $100 5/29, completed the profile 5/30 but had a trade in that may have taken them as late as 6/1 to return with a crap offer that I immediately rejected. Does that make my profile date 6/1?

Order location: Santa Barbara
Order Spec: MYLR White, 20", everything else stock
Current EDD: Was October until a few hours ago when it switched to 9/9 - 9/29, way later than I signed up for
It's from the day you complete your profile. I'm also picking up in SB! EDD came back yesterday 9/23-9/30

Not sure about profile completion just an FYI -sold my truck to a Honda dealership for $10k more than Tesla, Carmax, Carvana, KBB offered for my 2019 Toyota Tacoma. Man I miss that truck. 😢
Haha - I just sold my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro YESTERDAY. All sites offered me considerably more than Tesla, but all the sites were only offering just about MSRP when I knew the market was crazy. Sold it for $53k private party. I’ll also miss my truck, but damn it feels good to be going electric coming from something that was getting like 13MPG.

Haha - I just sold my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro YESTERDAY. All sites offered me considerably more than Tesla, but all the sites were only offering just about MSRP when I knew the market was crazy. Sold it for $53k private party. I’ll also miss my truck, but damn it feels good to be going electric coming from something that was getting like 13MPG.
I was actually thinking about get a trd pro taco in manual but they are hard to find and I didn’t want an ICE car anymore. Good to hear other people made the switch too!

Sounds like we're in the same boat:
OD 7/11
MYLR RED BLACK 5 Gemini No Tow No FSD
EDD had been Sept 19 - Sept 30 for a couple of weeks, then changed to OCT and is now missing for the second time as well.

At least they're consistent!

Got some really good info from someone at the SC I called. There are like 4 different places in their system where they can try to get info about your car based on your RN. He felt really strongly that given my specific range in June that I will get my order (4/22 order). My outside date was 6/29 and he said you get the VIN when the car is being assembled in Fremont but the blue button doesnt appear until the car is in transit (I think he may have said delivered to the SC) I asked if I should be looking at inventory cars and he said that I am so close and I should expect a vin "this week". Big grain of salt, but he seemed really confident.
Did you get your Tesla yet? I am also in Sacramento area and my OD (MYLR red) is April 24 and still waiting…

Sounds like we're in the same boat:
OD 7/11
MYLR RED BLACK 5 Gemini No Tow No FSD
EDD had been Sept 19 - Sept 30 for a couple of weeks, then changed to OCT and is now missing for the second time as well.

At least they're consistent!
Yea... after I ordered, the EDD fluctuated between mid-Sep and Oct. Eventually with the EDD dates completely missing. Came back for a couple of days this week showing Oct only to disappear again.

So we really need to have a lot of patience 😅😅

Last edited:
For those who ordered in May, we're saving $1,500 from the recent price increases ( $500 & $1000). I also noticed we're the ones who keep getting pushed out more and more, and now mine just says Oct when I ordered May 6th. I've noticed many people get their vins who paid the $500 increase, and I'm wondering if Tesla is hoping we give up, and our cars go to newer buyers who ordered with the $1,500 price increase? IDK anymore (conspiracy theories haha...I have a few though), it's just super frustrating with a family of 4 only have ONE car for the last 2.5 months.
I used to subscribe to that theory except I know of three others in my circle that all ordered late April/first week of May (so even lower original price) and all three took delivery the weekend of July 16-18 in NorCal.

I, on the other hand, ordered 5/9 and am still waiting with EDD of Aug 6 - Aug 19 (used to be July 28 - Aug 18 but gets pushed out by a day every morning).

I used to subscribe to that theory except I know of three others in my circle that all ordered late April/first week of May (so even lower original price) and all three took delivery the weekend of July 16-18 in NorCal.

I, on the other hand, ordered 5/9 and am still waiting with EDD of Aug 6 - Aug 19 (used to be July 28 - Aug 18 but gets pushed out by a day every morning).
I ordered MYLR red late April NorCal and am still waiting…