Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I had this conversation yesterday too. We already put a deposit down for PPF, she wanted color PPF so we’re going from white to a custom color PPF. Our base model y same price as yours plus the PPF deposit was still cheaper than switching to a model P. So tempting to bite the bullet but we can wait and she said it herself best “giving tesla extra money for this debacle, It’s the principal and we can’t let them win”
If I may ask, where you guys getting the custom color ppf and how much is it?

If I may ask, where you guys getting the custom color ppf and how much is it?

check out their instagram, they do sometimes live items where they show the PPF put on.

the PPF is with GSWF GSWF PPF color it's colored, it's PPF, and it's hydrophobic with a 12 year warranty. I'd suggest contacting them for a quote as YMMV and the work they've done on existing Y's, 3's and S's they know their stuff as far as taking apart and putting back together. We went with their full tint (all windows including roof) and full wrap as a package.

No change either. 9/3-9/23.
No change for me either. OD and profile 5/31. Originally had EDD of 7/24-8/11, then several dates in September for a few weeks, then a week ago to generic October then to the 10/2-10/22. for the past week. MYLR white, blk interior, 19 in, 5 seater, no tow, no fsd-no extras at all. Now at day 93 and still no VIN. This wait is pure horror.

Guessing I got pushed out because Elon thinks there are enough White Model Ys in Irvine. Saw 8 on my 15 minute drive around town the other day. ;)
Saw enough of the white Y's here in Costa Mesa (aka Tesla delivery central) that I switched to blue. Though I'm sure there's plenty of blues outside of our 2 cities. It seemed rare enough for me to switch my order.

My EDD has shown September 11 - September 30 since the midday update on Monday. Interesting thing happened...heard from an SA (😱) and they said my car looks on track for September 10 - September 25. Which made me wonder if they DO see a bit more information than we do. Either way, all basically the same window but found that interesting.