Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does EDD tend to change more frequently as you are getting closer? my order date was June 2021, had it on hold for several months, released in mid Jan and I have been sitting at may-june 2022 EDD for about a month for now.
Have you completed all of the steps, including funding? You can either do Third-Party and enter any bank that you might use (can always change information later) or place as cash. Having all steps complete will usually bump you up.

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Based on what I've seen so far, the average time between getting your VIN and scheduled pickup date has been less than 7 days. I'm a newbie when it comes to financing cars, but is this length of time sufficient for loan application and funding before taking possession? I will be applying for the loan through DCU, and they recommend applying for the loan once VIN is received. Just a bit anxious about the timing... Would appreciate any insight on this.

My current EDD is 3/15 - 4/12. MYLR White/White. 7 seater. Yes Tow, No FSD.

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Based on what I've seen so far, the average time between getting your VIN and scheduled pickup date has been less than 7 days. I'm a newbie when it comes to financing cars, but is this length of time sufficient for loan application and funding before taking possession? I will be applying for the loan through DCU, and they recommend applying for the loan once VIN is received. Just a bit anxious about the timing... Would appreciate any insight on this.

My current EDD is 3/15 - 4/12. MYLR White/White. 7 seater. Yes Tow, No FSD.
I had the same question previously, and even talk to DCU, they told me if you are anxious, you have 45 days before your pre-approval expired. So I am thinking of applying for pre-qualification when the date is near, but no guarantee in any way, then when I get the VIN then I just update my application. But others on here said that DCU is very fast, it takes about 3 days for the whole approval if you already have an account with them. 🤔🤷‍♀️

Reactions: blodg1
I had the same question previously, and even talk to DCU, they told me if you are anxious, you have 45 days before your pre-approval expired. So I am thinking of applying for pre-qualification when the date is near, but no guarantee in any way, then when I get the VIN then I just update my application. But others on here said that DCU is very fast, it takes about 3 days for the whole approval if you already have an account with them. 🤔🤷‍♀️
Ah gotcha. I just recently signed up with DCU in preparation for my financing application, so I will wait patiently for my VIN then. Thanks much for the info! I was going to try to get their lowest rate but their requirements for direct deposit and transactions are a bit difficult to meet, so I’ll just try for their 1.99 APR.

Ah gotcha. I just recently signed up with DCU in preparation for my financing application, so I will wait patiently for my VIN then. Thanks much for the info! I was going to try to get their lowest rate but their requirements for direct deposit and transactions are a bit difficult to meet, so I’ll just try for their 1.99 APR.
I am getting closer to VIN time as well. I was going to try DCU, but do not want to change my direct deposit.
What is required to become a member? Are you financing everything? (MY, Taxes, Tags, etc.)
Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Now that EDD is in a window that I would be able to accept delivery, now I am a little anxious about the financing piece.

FICO 8: 802 / DTI 26%

I am getting closer to VIN time as well. I was going to try DCU, but do not want to change my direct deposit.
What is required to become a member? Are you financing everything? (MY, Taxes, Tags, etc.)
Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Now that EDD is in a window that I would be able to accept delivery, now I am a little anxious about the financing piece.

FICO 8: 802 / DTI 26%
After going through the process, I learned that even non-members can apply for auto financing, but only members can qualify for the lowest rates (no lower than 1.99% unless you open checking and initialize direct deposit and have at least five transactions per month). This is the info I got a month ago, not sure if it has changed.

To become a member, I went through the application process and chose to donate $10 to satisfy their requirement since I didn’t qualify any other way.

I plan to put down at least 20%, and finance the rest for 4 years. Your standard 20/4/10 auto finance strategy. Still comparing prices on auto insurance also but probably just going to go with Tesla.

Reactions: JP0430
Hoping to get a little advice from fellow CA waiters. I have an i3S lease expiring in August but BMW will take my car at the current buyout price so I can walk away from my lease right now. I placed a MYP (Blue/White, no tow, no FSD) order on 2/13 and my EDD is 3/15-3/31. My SA said that should hold pretty firm and my hunch is I'll get it towards EOQ as they rush deliveries in CA to close the quarter.

Given that, I have a locked in offer on my i3 that expires on Sunday. We can survive without a car for a few weeks but my concern is if they don't deliver my MYP by EOQ, the EDD will shift out significantly. The other option is to hang on to my i3 until I have a VIN but that comes with the risk that BMW will not buy the car at my current payoff.

Long story short...what are the odds my EDD shifts out or do you think it's a solid estimate being in the Bay Area with a MYP on order?

Hoping to get a little advice from fellow CA waiters. I have an i3S lease expiring in August but BMW will take my car at the current buyout price so I can walk away from my lease right now. I placed a MYP (Blue/White, no tow, no FSD) order on 2/13 and my EDD is 3/15-3/31. My SA said that should hold pretty firm and my hunch is I'll get it towards EOQ as they rush deliveries in CA to close the quarter.

Given that, I have a locked in offer on my i3 that expires on Sunday. We can survive without a car for a few weeks but my concern is if they don't deliver my MYP by EOQ, the EDD will shift out significantly. The other option is to hang on to my i3 until I have a VIN but that comes with the risk that BMW will not buy the car at my current payoff.

Long story short...what are the odds my EDD shifts out or do you think it's a solid estimate being in the Bay Area with a MYP on order?
i would call around to another bmw dealer. my neighbor was in the same situation with a 4-series and one dealer quoted him a nominal amount above payoff while another gave him a few thousand above payoff. obviously it would depend on the demand/pricing for your model.

EOQ delivery is likely what's going to happen since it still says March ETA if you order a MYP today and you are located in CA.

I would shop around with other BMW dealerships and maybe some will offer higher than your payoff.

There is a strong chance you’ll get a car in March (MYPs are getting fairly quick deliveries, and yes, lots of Bay Area deliveries in late March) but not guaranteed and you may need to wait for the next batch of Blue/White MYPs they make if your order slips into April. I’ve seen plenty of folks here sell their cars expecting delivery in a few weeks, only to see the date get pushed out a month or two. If you do get rid of your car, have a backup plan if you get stuck without wheels.

Thanks all. Very helpful advice and I do plan to shop around the i3S offer a bit although I am just as happy to get out of it without any additional out of pocket. My main concern is used prices are hitting a crescendo so it's possible offers to buy out my i3 will start being adjusted.

chances are your delivery date will be pushed. had a buddy who ordered the MYP black on black on 11/4 and he just canceled since it went from dec delivery date to june. :/

Thanks all. Very helpful advice and I do plan to shop around the i3S offer a bit although I am just as happy to get out of it without any additional out of pocket. My main concern is used prices are hitting a crescendo so it's possible offers to buy out my i3 will start being adjusted.
Maybe try getting a quote from caravan or car max? Given used car prices it’s pretty likely.l you’ll get a quote over your buyout price.