Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love how jamming on the brakes to avoid someone else‘s poor driving decision dings you, possibly twice if you get a forward collision warning too. Been averaging 97 in the first week and so far today’s simulated score is 29! It has been a low mileage day, but that hurts.

Love how jamming on the brakes to avoid someone else‘s poor driving decision dings you, possibly twice if you get a forward collision warning too. Been averaging 97 in the first week and so far today’s simulated score is 29! It has been a low mileage day, but that hurts.
You have to remember that the score isn't designed to report how safe of a driver you are, it is designed to report how likely you are to be in a collision. (The fact that you are in a situation that requires jamming the brakes on means you are at a higher risk of a collision.)

So your score is likely more correlated to where/when you drive than how good of a driver you are.

Was at 100 average over 7 days as of this morning... then went for a drive and had someone slam on their brakes ahead of me. Got dinged and showed a 95 for today. Decided to go out and do more driving before the day ended. Put about another 100kms on the car by driving back roads with no traffic and managed to bring that 95 up to 98. Interestingly enough, when I got home and checked the app after that run registered, it showed my weekly average was back to 100, whereas it was showing 99 after the incident.
However now, with the car parked in the garage, when I bring up the app.. it shows my overall average back at 99... not sure what's going on there.

It was very helpful information shared here that if you get a ding on a day you should drive it off that day as you did. It is VERY sensitive to brake use. Barring any others cutting in front of me...I have been able to consistently get 100% drives (60 kM each way to work) yet my score is still hanging at 98

I was just about to say the same thing.. another week of stressful driving :rolleyes:
well.. I guess it's being delayed again for Canada.

10.12 should have been released yesterday to the US, but that hasn't happened so.. guess we wont get it Friday afterall
I hope we get the update this Friday.
I really don’t want to drive like this another week. …

Reactions: Proppilot
My score stayed at 100%, but today took a hit today for hard braking.
Stop light turned yellow at the worst time, had to break. I didn’t really break that hard though, so I know the braking is definitely sensitive.
0FA2ECF0-24AE-463B-978C-75DA8DED0935.png
1F1C23AE-18F2-4D4C-A54B-B0D867641C33.png

Reactions: CanadaEV
Stop light turned yellow at the worst time, had to break. I didn’t really break that hard though, so I know the braking is definitely sensitive.
View attachment 778906 itView attachment 778907
That image shows only 39 km driven on the hard braking day.
I’m still not entirely clear how it works, but I think it would be better if you crank that up to 100 km thereby reducing the daily percentage for that day.
Then over your nine days you would get a tiny percentage for this day instead of a larger one because each day’s final results are averaged over the nine days.
In any case, you are fine the way you did it.
Just to be clearer, I believe each day’s penalty is averaged over the miles of that day, and then that already averaged-by-miles figure (if it can be made smaller with greater same-day-miles) is averaged over all days.
I’m not saying it’s logical, but it does give you the chance to reduce the overall effect of any single penalty.
If I am right about that, the reducing effect of more miles would only happen if they were driven without Autopilot… You would be reducing the hard-braking percentage of total time in that day spent braking while driving manually.
Also, you could avoid the issue by quickly engaging Autopilot on your approach to a stale green light, because it would be Autopilot doing the braking If the light dangerously turned yellow.
Final comment:
It is ridiculously complicated. You got a score of 98 for (daily) March 9 because of that one penalty. By manually driving more miles, you could make that score 99 (by reducing 2.1% to 0.7%), or conceivably even 100 (reducing 2.1% to 0.2%). I know this, because today I got a hard braking 2.7%, and manually drove an extra 48 km and it became 0.3% for the day, for a daily score of 99.

Last edited:
View attachment 778906View attachment 778907
Fear the brakes….. I stopped for a yellow without regen and took a hard red hit. If you don’t average it off the same day it takes some time. I am six days of 100% and still sitting at 98% and one hard brake over a week ago (my fault…I launched and underestimated distance) and it is still factoring in

Fear the brakes….. I stopped for a yellow without regen and took a hard red hit. If you don’t average it off the same day it takes some time. I am six days of 100% and still sitting at 98% and one hard brake over a week ago (my fault…I launched and underestimated distance) and it is still factoring in
I’m usually pretty quick to tap autopilot on to stop me quick so I don’t have to do it, but yeah one yellow light that was too late and I was paying for it all evening trying to get my hard breaking score down before the end of the day. Doh. I’ve found that I’m fine to get a 100 as long as I’m not in a rush or late for anything.. I guess that goes to show it really knows risky from safe!

Reactions: M109Rider
anyone have a 100 score so far with substantial km? I wonder what the threshold will be on release day. I read at the American release there were over a thousand drivers with a 100 score on release day.

I have to do a manual reset every morning because one intersection I have to drive through sets off the forward collision warning even when there are no cars in sight! Getting 100 is a real pain in the ass. Kinda wish I didn’t want to try the automatic city driving so bad. This all seems so ridiculous considering how much I paid for it years ago!