Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took a spin to try and improve my score and I realize the secret. All you have to do is drive so that everyone around you thinks it’s time for that guy to hand in his license he really shouldn’t be behind the wheel anymore. Got my first 100 today.
So far I've learned, no way to merge onto the 403 or off at rush hour and still get 100%, Traffic is too tight for navigate on autopilot to do it, so i'll loose points every day.
Go around corners really slow, then punch it, it does not seem to care if you accelerate like a mad man, just do it when turning.
Never use the brake pedal, or full on regenerative breaking at high speed, your foot must be on the accelerator at all times, because that is how to drive safe.
Keep at least a 7 car following distance or use autopilot, seems you can use auto pilot and set distance to 2, but if you drive that same distance without autopilot you get dinged.
At least with about 700km done, I'm at a 92 now.

When he states that interventions are now so rare on city streets, I assume he’s referring to the next version that he is testing for deployment.
The current version still has a good amount of interventions from what I’ve seen on YouTube.
Glad it’s Friday though. !!!
Yes, one more week of slow driving.

When he states that interventions are now so rare on city streets, I assume he’s referring to the next version that he is testing for deployment.
The current version still has a good amount of interventions from what I’ve seen on YouTube.
Glad it’s Friday though. !!!
Yes, one more week of slow driving.
Most of the FSD beta participants use their Tesla as a daily driver. They are going to intervene rather than taking a chance that the car will do something either stupid (and anger other drivers) or potentially dangerous. This is difference between Musk's view and the prevailing opinion regarding FSD beta.

For example, there are four common circumstances where I almost always intervene:
  1. Multilane traffic circles.
  2. Specific unprotected left turns
  3. Routing that makes no sense given my knowledge of local conditions
  4. Attempts to pass stopped delivery vehicles
Other drivers may have a different exclusion list. The point is, that I am not that interested in finding.out what happens in those circumstances. Every FSD beta update causes a bit more latitude in my testing, but consistent drives with zero interventions seems a long way off IMO.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
So far I've learned, no way to merge onto the 403 or off at rush hour and still get 100%, Traffic is too tight for navigate on autopilot to do it, so i'll loose points every day.
Go around corners really slow, then punch it, it does not seem to care if you accelerate like a mad man, just do it when turning.
Never use the brake pedal, or full on regenerative breaking at high speed, your foot must be on the accelerator at all times, because that is how to drive safe.
Keep at least a 7 car following distance or use autopilot, seems you can use auto pilot and set distance to 2, but if you drive that same distance without autopilot you get dinged.
At least with about 700km done, I'm at a 92 now.
Autopilot doesn't count towards following distance. To keep that score low, keep at least 1 second from the car in front of you when going over 50, but less than 3.

For improving hard braking, drive around where there are lots of stop signs. Accelerate to a decent speed and come to a slow steady stop.

For turning, don't accelerate out of corners.

That's what I realized after a day where one drive knocked me down to 95 and how I brought the score back...though now all that work for that day was pointless as it won't be included in the 7 day rolling score for (hopefully) this Friday 😏

Autopilot doesn't count towards following distance. To keep that score low, keep at least 1 second from the car in front of you when going over 50, but less than 3.

For improving hard braking, drive around where there are lots of stop signs. Accelerate to a decent speed and come to a slow steady stop.

That's what I realized after a day where one drive knocked me down to 95 and how I brought the score back...though now all that work for that day was pointless as it won't be included in the 7 day rolling score for (hopefully) this Friday 😏
The rolling score is 30 days in the US. In Canada do you only see 7 days of history?

Use this;
It’s very good to show how many K’s you will need to still drive to get to a 98 to 100 score
It's not just about distance driven. What is pulling your score down is important to factor in.

Ie, if following distance is killing you, driving on country roads with no cars in front of you doesn't help.

If braking/turning is killing you, driving in a straight line doesn't help.

At least from the testing and research I've done. To get a specific score down you need to do that activity the 'right' way to bring it down...

Ie, if braking, drive where there are stop signs and stop lights.

If following percentage is high, drive on hwy, and keep the car in front 1-3 seconds away (closer to 3 seconds to avoid getting dinged)

If turning percentage is high...go to a parking lot and do grandpa donuts for an hour 😏

I am chuckling at your response however it is spot on. I need to beat down unsafe following so I had my AP at +7 and am going to bring down to +3. I do a ton of highway driving and have not been improving it by staying so far back. Hard braking got hit yesterday when I braked for a yellow light. Bad move. Aggressive turning was my only other (minimal) infraction and I have figured that one out. Thanks for all of the feedback and sharing here. Cannot wait for someone to report they got the BETA !

Do we know for sure that it is a 7 day rolling score?

I am chuckling at your response however it is spot on. I need to beat down unsafe following so I had my AP at +7 and am going to bring down to +3. I do a ton of highway driving and have not been improving it by staying so far back. Hard braking got hit yesterday when I braked for a yellow light. Bad move. Aggressive turning was my only other (minimal) infraction and I have figured that one out. Thanks for all of the feedback and sharing here. Cannot wait for someone to report they got the BETA !
AP doesn't count towards following distance. It's a double edge sword because if AP hard brakes, it doesn't ding you, but it doesn't help either....it's useful to protect your score thorough 😏

AP doesn't count towards following distance. It's a double edge sword because if AP hard brakes, it doesn't ding you, but it doesn't help either....it's useful to protect your score thorough 😏
I was wondering about that today on the highway as what you stated makes sense. I took the car off AP and kept 3-4 seconds between on the 401 and ended up with 100% score on a 25 kM trip AND went from 97 to 98.