Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
And I could very well end up just as much upset or annoyed as a lot on here seem to be......as far as the non-tech savvy individuals who would give it 90 seconds and turn it off, I personally think that is a good thing and they shouldn't use it until there is a non beta version. Let them use what they are comfortable with and leave the fsd(b) to the folks who are willing to intervene and re-engage when necessary.
If we go another two years with as little progress as we’ve had in the previous two we will welcome you to our ranks.

With any luck V12 will be a step change in capability and the kvetching will wane. A lot of us hoped for the same with 10.2 and 10.3 and 10.4 and 10.69 and 11 and…

Once again, I'm deeply sorry you guys have bad experiences with you cars. I don't know why you do, but I don't. I may have a unicorn car for some reason, or won the Tesla lottery.

My turns don't jerk the wheel, my stop signs don't creep and act indecisive. My slow downs and speedups are smooth. My auto wipers work just fine (granted I don't get to use them too much in SoCal as it doesn't rain too much here).

So when I comment positively, I'm not an apologist. I'm genuinely commenting on my positive experiences. I'm also assuming that most people have similar experiences to me, with the minority of people having issues reporting them here. There are hundreds of thousands of people on FSD Beta, and only a few dozen on TMC with terrible experiences. If it was truly terrible for everyone, would we not see thousands of people here complaining?
I think there are so many hardware updates, revisions and improvements of Tesla vehicles they all behave differently. A recent model 3 2019 I rented feels, drives and sounds vastly different from my 2021 model Y and quite different from my mother’s model 2022 model Y. Even my wrap that is covering the front USS must have had a different part, that some people have to cut holes in them.

Nah, Tesla will hold up my update until you get your 12V replaced and then get your update since I'm always last.🤬 So would you PLEASE watch a Youtube video and go buy a battery and replace it yourself today so I can get my update. If you were only on the "correct" coast I would drive there and change it myself I'm so desperate for an update. 🤣
I was able to find a mobile service slot tomorrow PM, so both of us can hopefully get the update sooner!

I see a change I don't like that I think showed up with 2023.27.6/FSDb 11.4.7.2 regarding street names on the map.

Formerly I saw usefully many street names, especially of forthcoming major cross streets. Now I see almost none, with just these two exceptions:

1. the name of the street name I'm driving on is shown in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. the names of streets the current navigation expects me to turn are shown (usefully) at the turn location on the map.

I imagined there was a setting for this that either I or the software update changed, and I went looking, but could not find a relevant user control.

Anyone else?
I don't like that my passenger can no longer adjust the temperature on their side? The icon was replaced with a speaker. Now the passenger can control the speaker volume throughout the car - but can no longer control their local temperature? Yes, I know, I can still adjust it with voice commands - it's just another insane inconvenience. Someone bothered to make that change and ignored the left lane bias, dry wipes, silly headlight actions and other stuff that really needs to be fixed.

I guess what I really, really don't like is the trend. . . . . . . . .

I don't like that my passenger can no longer adjust the temperature on their side? The icon was replaced with a speaker. Now the passenger can control the speaker volume throughout the car - but can no longer control their local temperature? Yes, I know, I can still adjust it with voice commands - it's just another insane inconvenience. Someone bothered to make that change and ignored the left lane bias, dry wipes, silly headlight actions and other stuff that really needs to be fixed.

I guess what I really, really don't like is the trend. . . . . . . . .
In my car, if someone is sitting in the passenger seat, they have a temp control. When the passenger leaves, the right side control is removed.

So, you no longer need to split and combine the temp controls manually. That's a good trend in my book.

or they turn it on and understand the disclaimer that is put forth that it is beta and can do the worst thing at the worst possible time and are ready to intervene if and when necessary......this thread is a bunch of debbie downers and maybe I am too new to the tesla/fsd(b) program but to me I disengage when I know it might do something reallly stupid and re-engage once that area is behind me. I find it very useful and fun actually. I actually look forward to the advancements. Again maybe I am too new to the tesla family but even if I had been in beta or bought the package years ago, I'd be thankful that i got it for a lot less expensive than I got it for (first tesla mylr delivered 6/23 and bought fsd when the price was reduced from 15k to 12k).....certainly don't want to start a war but the whole definition of beta explains it all
You make a good point about being new to this. I too am only 10 months in and can’t appreciate the disappointment the OGs are going through having been here for years being promised that they will get their Robotaxi any day now.

For me I have accepted the fact that this solution is at best like a 16 year new driver that has to be constantly monitored and in some cases a need to intervene.

And the reality is this is a User Forum. And like most others you are going to get the Debbie downers no matter what.

In my car, if someone is sitting in the passenger seat, they have a temp control. When the passenger leaves, the right side control is removed.

So, you no longer need to split and combine the temp controls manually. That's a good trend in my book.
Great! Not only does it appear when the passenger sits down, it stays whether they fasten their seat belt or not, until about 30 seconds after they exit. So, yes it is an improvement. I would rather have had some of the important stuff, but this is a neat, good thing.

Nah, Tesla will hold up my update until you get your 12V replaced and then get your update since I'm always last.🤬 So would you PLEASE watch a Youtube video and go buy a battery and replace it yourself today so I can get my update. If you were only on the "correct" coast I would drive there and change it myself I'm so desperate for an update. 🤣
Major dump just happened, almost 2 K on teslafi.
I just got mine, but have to leave in 20 minutes.
Too close for comfort!

I see a big 11.4.7.2 push with about 1900 pending installs. Which still excludes me and JulienW.

Edit: checked my app and it's downloading!! Even with a bum 12V battery, hmm. Whether it'll install or not I don't know. @JulienW, I think you'll get yours soon now that I got mine.

As a reference: I checked in the car at 130PM and it said my car is up to date, so I thought I'd have to wait until tomorrow but 2hrs later it was already downloading it when I opened the app.

Last edited:
Lordy, Lordy if I ain't a dummy. Years of looking and I always just ASSumed that was the total and not realizing it's pending. However that number could be a 1,000,000,000 but I'm still not in it.
The dump started around 3:30 PDT, only an hour ago, and as of now, 420 have already installed.

Like you, I am not among them. This dump will pick up all but around 1,000 of us 2023.7 hangers on.

In my case, I think I'm last because I've been emailing and asking service via the app to please let me opt out of the testing program, as Tesla said we could in that original welcome to FSD email tester#1 posted earlier today:
If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]
Maybe it won't matter so much on this new 2023.27 release with the new features. Assuming we're not permanently black-balled. One more dump, hopefully today or tomorrow, should get us all on board, fingers crossed.