Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does running over white delineator posts count as hitting something?

12.2.1 delineator post.jpg

Odd that it turned into the exit-only side too. Although the yellow signage hanging above isn't as common, but end-to-end will need to learn how to drive in parking structures.

Does running over white delineator posts count as hitting something?

View attachment 1026949

Odd that it turned into the exit-only side too. Although the yellow signage hanging above isn't as common, but end-to-end will need to learn how to drive in parking structures.
Well, parking has been demonstrated before to be the one place the car can run into things in 12.2.1. I hope that's what's being addressed in the next version.

Reactions: Mardak and DanCar
Yes, I sometimes get too distracted and forget/miss the 3-5 second deadline to record. I don't believe in it anyway though. I haven't seen any improvements linked directly to the feedback we've given.

V12 is essentially a complete rewrite, so all of our V11 feedback was a waste of time.
Not so. In fact, it's quite possible that the V11 feedback it one of the factors that drove Tesla to move to the V12 approach in the first place.

And the whole point of the beta IS to give feedback to Tesla.

You guys are gonna love V12

I don't know why I trust it so much now. It has way more contextual awareness. I'm letting it do some risky maneuvers that I wouldn't do myself (like UPL or UPR where the adjacent lane has oncoming car).

It's quite amazing how stable it is already (i.e. doesn't freak out)
This is exactly when you need to be paying about 100x more attention. You are heading into the most dangerous stage, when its so good you get really complacent, and then it drives into a tree the same color as the road. You dont know where ALL the gaps are, and there are gaps, and they are inconsistent. The next ine might show up in 20k miles, suddenly, out of nowhere.

Be careful!

You guys are gonna love V12

I don't know why I trust it so much now. It has way more contextual awareness. I'm letting it do some risky maneuvers that I wouldn't do myself (like UPL or UPR where the adjacent lane has oncoming car).

It's quite amazing how stable it is already (i.e. doesn't freak out)
I find I’m gradually allowing it to do things I had to do myself in V11. I grit my teeth and let it go and most of the time it’s been handling the situations properly. My main intervention is to tap the accelerator occasionally to encourage it to go a little quicker.

Reactions: powertoold
Reactions: Mardak
Thanks for the update. Contrary to what some people on here have said, v12's initial rollout doesn't seem like a random rollout since I remember her getting 12.2.1 also.
12.3 is NOT the initial v12 rollout. This is an update the v12 rollout and it goes to SAME RANDOM people who got v12 already. Likely no new people will get this for at least a week or 2 (if we are lucky and no major bugs are found).

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepydoc and mongo
I hit the go pedal usually on unprotected lefts with some obstructions on the sides, but only when there's someone behind me or it's obviously frozen
So v12 doesn't penalize you for manually accelerating over certain limit when FSD is on? Or are we only talking about a fully stopped situations?

Occasionally, I am forced to do this on highways, and end up getting the red wheel, which forces me to take unplanned rest for few mins at service stations...

So v12 doesn't penalize you for manually accelerating over certain limit when FSD is on? Or are we only talking about a fully stopped situations?

Occasionally, I am forced to do this on highways, and end up getting the red wheel, which forces me to take unplanned rest for few mins at service stations...

Yea, on V12, you can use the accelerator to go faster if it's too slow. I don't know what the limit is though, i.e. I haven't tried going 20 over (the actual speed limit) or something like that.

Reactions: JohnB007

Exceeding FSD's maximum speed (85 MPH I think) while it is engaged causes an instant disengagement strike, not exceeding local speed limits.
Easy to do on the highway, harder in the city.
[ @AlanSubie4Life reacted to the unedited post]

Last edited: