Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you look in your rearview mirror all the time while travelling forwards?
Of course not. Do you put your mirror in the glove box when you’re not looking at it? It’s just there to look at when you want to. BTW, I personally don’t have it on but completely understand the option to do so. What’s wrong with having the option?

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo and Ohmster
Of course not. Do you put your mirror in the glove box when you’re not looking at it? It’s just there to look at when you want to. BTW, I personally don’t have it on but completely understand the option to do so. What’s wrong with having the option?
Don't feed the trolls.... 🤔 @mk677 -BLOCKED-

that still doesn't explain the need that some have to view what is going on behind them while driving forwards
Tesla also displays the side cameras, which generally gives a more complete view in one place than looking at the side mirrors and rear view mirror separately.

I've noticed some folks get a weird car-sickness effect from it, but if you don't it is a really useful feature.

Tesla also displays the side cameras, which generally gives a more complete view in one place than looking at the side mirrors and rear view mirror separately.

I've noticed some folks get a weird car-sickness effect from it, but if you don't it is a really useful feature.
so you divert your eyes from looking forwards to view a screen shot of what can be seen with glances and peripheral vision?
ok. if that's what floats your boat but IMHO it is a very poor way to operate a vehicle.

After many warnings and movements, I can hear Bruce descending on this thread already to lock it for off topic...

1617890706529.png

Looks like the reddit post regarding VINs being assigned was a false hope. There's been ZERO corroboration of that account, and it came out of... Indianapolis. I'm tempted to call that location personally, but by this point, I'd have expected at least one other corroborating post about the VIN.

I think that guy was karma farming on reddit...

EDIT: Called, doesn't seem like much of anything. "We can't really give information about when new cars will arrive."

After many warnings and movements, I can hear Bruce descending on this thread already to lock it for off topic...
Not sure you are helping Hayseed :)

I ordered on Jan 28th, my initial time frame for delivery was late Feb, then I believe it went to March, then -, now it shows blank. I'm LR, 21" Midnight silver with white interior. I did modify my order, at one point, but not sure if that effects anything. Paying cash, no trade in.

Not sure you are helping Hayseed :)

I ordered on Jan 28th, my initial time frame for delivery was late Feb, then I believe it went to March, then -, now it shows blank. I'm LR, 21" Midnight silver with white interior. I did modify my order, at one point, but not sure if that effects anything. Paying cash, no trade in.

I am not delusional that I really am a help. Except you posted about delivery and not cameras...

Mine was converted to refresh in January, Still blank and still being told by SA end April to Mid-May for first cars. Regarding the Indianapolis comment, I know a couple there and have asked them if they actually stated anything like that to someone. No reply yet.

Reactions: cascadilla
to the guys waiting for the cars you reserved, haven't you learned from the history of tesla? Every car that tesla introduced, almost any "promise" from Elon, has never appeared when promised.
why would anyone believe that the intro of the refreshed S would defy this reality?
It’s one thing when he promises an entirely new model will be out in a year or two, it’s another when it’s just a refresh of an existing model and he says “production started and deliveries next month”. You’d think there was more credibility to something weeks out rather than months or years.

It’s one thing when he promises an entirely new model will be out in a year or two, it’s another when it’s just a refresh of an existing model and he says “production started and deliveries next month”. You’d think there was more credibility to something weeks out rather than months or years.
Didn't Musk also previously say that Tesla doesn't do refreshes?

while the new models are not complete overhauls there are huge differences being implemented in the update, it goes far beyond bending a fender slightly differently.
the point is that tesla rarely if ever hits a target date

Reactions: Drew-MS