Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you ask how much the turbos cost porsche, do you mean the turbos they put on the turbo 911 or the turbos they use on the 'non-turbo' Carrera 911 that is now a twin turbo 911 for half the price? I do not think porsche really understand what the word turbo means.

We’re talking about how much it cost Porsche to put turbos in the Taycan Turbo/S.

So I just dropped off my model S to get the issues I found during delivery day fixed. The service tech walks to my car and tells me to feel my tire’s side wall. Which I thought was awkward, but I did anyways and to my surprise the side wall of our tires (Michelin Pilot Sport 4s) felt like suede! That little Easter egg just blew my mind. Thought i’d like to share. 🤣

Yes they do, but they also want the entire industry to transition to EVs ASAP. So locking ICE making manufactures out the Supercharger Network, and literally dangling that carrot right in front of them might be a good their move in their opinion.
Hypothetically in your scenario (which I agree with 100%), would Audi be locked out after 2026 (when they claim they'll be all EV) because they are owned by the VW group?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What about the video posted by Dragtimes yesterday showing the Model S with the sound of a cammed Hellcat? The sound came out of the speaker on the outside of the car. I’m not sure if the intensity of the sound increases as you push the accelerator but I assume it does. Apparently you use a USB drive and can make the Tesla sound like a bunch of different cars. Looks pretty cool to mess around with.
May be able to bring fart mode to a whole new level!

I see the battle being Lucid Air vs MB EQS as opposed to Lucid vs Tesla - the Air and the EQS seem to have the same vibe.
I do not design or market cars yet it is obvious to me that legacy car mfgs need to build better looking BeVs and stop trying to make them ugly and unappealing. Does anyone doubt BMW can do better than the I3 or MB than the EQS? The EQS interior is beautiful (apart from all the screens) and typical MB. Sooner or later they will stop trying to protect their legacy lines and start building complete cars like Tesla.

Heading south on i95 a moment ago. This is around WPB. A few of you are gonna be happy (and some of you will be on my "hate list"). Zero MSM on that truck. 🙄
IMG-20210721-WA0002.jpg

Heading south on i95 a moment ago. This is around WPB. A few of you are gonna be happy (and some of you will be on my "hate list"). Zero MSM on that truck. 🙄
View attachment 686553
Yep!
Take a look at that pretty RED PLAID :)
I know where that is going (it was in Georgia yesterday)
Where was this shot and when???

Wanta go for a spin?

View attachment 686553
You know you're getting desperate when you see a car carrier and decide to follow it the rest of the way to it's destination just to see if yours is on it. I feel your pain - and will probably be stopped on the roadside looking out for car carriers when the X finally gets into production.

View attachment 686553
We're in the next batch. Two weeks. (technically maybe ha) ... Surprised tho since you have a Plaid you haven't gotten yours yet.

White interior seems like it's a hold up too. Very few. Lots of cream (odd to me why so many cream).

Quick question… ordered on 1/27. If I change the paint from white to MSM, will I be subject to the price increase of the car or just the price differential for the cost of the paint? Further, will this change my EDD of September? I know this has been covered, but I can’t recall the definitive answers.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping me relatively sane (at least on the surface) during this long wait! Cheers!

Quick question… ordered on 1/27. If I change the paint from white to MSM, will I be subject to the price increase of the car or just the price differential for the cost of the paint? Further, will this change my EDD of September? I know this has been covered, but I can’t recall the definitive answers.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for keeping me relatively sane (at least on the surface) during this long wait! Cheers!

The answer is it depends! Most customers have been faced with increased base prices plus the change. Most don't lose priority but that's not real priority to begin with.

Some have been able to make changes for free usually when Tesla wants to match the customer to an already produced car to facilitate delivery.

Can't hurt to try.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Update on my order...woke up yesterday with an EDD of just August, a VIN and a request to update my insurance information (my policy runs in 6-month intervals and ended 4/24). As of this morning, my EDD is August 3 - August 6. Assuming that Tesla resolves whatever issue is currently holding up deliveries or my car isn't even one of those affected, I'm actually starting to feel like I'm going to have a car within a couple of weeks!