Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a quote for around $6k from a reputable PPF place. They also do part PPF for cheaper if you just want the front or high risk areas done. I think I will end up just getting the ceramic coating done instead, and wrapping some of the interior to protect it from scratches and fingerprints.

My car just got dropped in for full PPF from a detailed in Knox. Must be the same one! I pick it up Sunday and will let you know.

$6k was one of the cheapest I could find, believe it or not. Some wanted $7.5K + - $8k with tinting.

First paragraph: "a ground-up redesign that asked engineers" this should be "design" since it did not start from anything S related other than the basic concepts... [ etc. ]
This took me back to high school with the English Master :)

But your point is well made... few people seem to care these days about the quality of their writing. People who write for a living (or even as a hobby) have no real excuse to make that many egregious errors. The author had all the time in the world to get it right before publishing.

I've now had my Model 3 for more than a week and combined with my Media day access (around a track), I feel I know the car enough to write the full review. It's long at 7,500+ words and I could easily have kept writing, but someone has to read it. If you have some time, grab a coffee and check out the full detailed review - Review: Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD Performance - techAU

Jason, great detailed review and fantastic photos - your car looks wonderful in the shots. Thank you. Very helpful article.

First paragraph: "a ground-up redesign that asked engineers" this should be "design" since it did not start from anything S related other than the basic concepts.

Glad you weren’t my English teacher in school, good teaching picks up on the positives as well as any negatives (and many of the negatives you mentioned were only typos not so much spelling errors).
This was an informative article and will be helpful to many new owners and those considering a Model 3 purchase.

Glad you weren’t my English teacher in school, good teaching picks up on the positives as well as any negatives (and many of the negatives you mentioned were only typos not so much spelling errors).
This was an informative article and will be helpful to many new owners and those considering a Model 3 purchase.
The Author asked for feedback and proofreading, which is what I supplied. Since the Author has a spell checker and is working as a professional journalist, none of the errors that I picked out were acceptable. If I had truly wanted to be critical, I would have torn the article to pieces stylistically and grammatically, instead, I just picked the most visible and egregious errors so that the article could be polished to the level where it would not put off educated readers.

The useful information supplied in the article is unfortunately undermined by the way that it is written.

Mine too, apart from one tiny pinprick paint nib. Perfect alignment too.
Charging fault fixed!!! Took the Canberra ranger Zac all of 5 minutes to reseat a connector on the penthouse under the rear seat.
So thrilled! Now everything truly is perfect!
Zac dropped by my office yesterday and replaced my 12V battery. He is the best. So glad to have him in Canberra. This whole "we'll come to you" deal is awesome. The only problem I have with my model 3 is a bit of door trim on the drivers B pillar not clipping in right. Zac tried to fix it but it will require a replacement part. Other than that the car is pretty perfect. Loving it. The long wait has almost been forgotten.

Zac dropped by my office yesterday and replaced my 12V battery. He is the best. So glad to have him in Canberra. This whole "we'll come to you" deal is awesome. The only problem I have with my model 3 is a bit of door trim on the drivers B pillar not clipping in right. Zac tried to fix it but it will require a replacement part. Other than that the car is pretty perfect. Loving it. The long wait has almost been forgotten.

The entire bottom trim wasn't of the front left door was improperly set. The rubber was actually underneath the carpet. The trim along the B pillar was also not fully running underneath the rubber joint.

Wasn't going to bother Tesla with that one, it was a 5 minutes job.

This must be some kind of record.

YKXpUf_Z-ZhdhuaF36npEzQdFU68HlxRhj5rFWDvx-bRnIv5NqHJt9ygI1428FkKv6oJEQSdGBbo9hge-D5IGYVT2UTp_okrEOLxST5-Sr01wOt--plXA12Ls-YvbQxRVgiQPL_5mA_NB5U6qKrwX5bJ0dYawC7n6rZpldIj45n-fClpxAitNjfIj9w5kYDByQk0x_wnUwt6bn9AVxx4IWqMvbNEQoBz9qeLTgUlKMcFv6ejGe5FK-Lld1x1Ne-Y5woHWTMGYH4HKouRbFY4viLmWFK1omuUs6ytwpBWf9-XWEjrA7f5XwUqZI9njXxmKC8RobHSYligp2H4Hhz_yyjQget__uZI7_was3U-DhjGw_WLMsZbVcKi6vBAQiDfBxbfHWBmiPqyo7_B614tG_2CXBzNhO_kky3obNb6y3ZJsEa-x4K0QB093CvffaVU7w7GWveu627A3KvPgC9K8PWfb6_HT29MsF4deFu1rtVqc02VCE3ATgdRFBSvAk3qr3aEA6MKutw6KhxnF4zzV7KW58YNLJ5GIYq-DZzj4xZJmbKTspQComChp8p93CSzzwPsYbl4A9XfXtiMQ-5wDKfUf67D9jzYVkfw590YEgJ4WI3T4IKAD_08VO8HVosirmnQJdobciWzMxscti9afPWcQ-Pi5eBYT50UT7bruFtt5xyglWjDjGci=w1452-h1935-no

How do you get in touch with Zac? I have a misaligned trim piece above the left back seat, and was told to log it through the app, and had to choose a service center. I would love him to come over and take a look at it instead for me to take the car in Syd.

Good news! Things are progressing. My car has has now been registered to me and I have a licence plate number. I found this by going to my TMR account (QLD) and looking for registered vehicles.
Hopefully my car is on a truck heading my way for delivery this Friday!
Townsville right. I think I am getting to see most Townsville cars. Carways always come to the easement at my work to drop cars off and to move them around on th truck
Seen 3 trucks today with 2 on each. What colour will keep a eye out.

How about now?

View attachment 464179

(or if it still doesn't work, returned to find 90 sentry events after leaving the car parked for ~3 hours; that's like one event every 2 minutes)
I suspect that sentry mode software still needs some tinkering. I tend to get a large number of those also and even though I have selected to exclude home form sentry mode, I have noticed that some mornings I have a number of events even in my garage. When reviewing the videos, all they contain is the garage walls and no activities, so it does record way too much of nothing.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Tesla hasn’t responded to my deposit refund emails for weeks, so I just did a chargeback through amex.

Tbh I wouldn’t even bother emailing them if anyone else is in a similar position. Waste of time, but you have to attempt contact so you can tell the credit card company you tried.
I got a message today saying I had overplayed. They asked for bank details and stated it could take up to 4 weeks to refund...