Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pure speculation here, but I am wondering if all web based referrals are broken & Tesla itself doesn't even know it, and only personally entered referral codes at the SC are working. That might explain why some referrals are getting through and many are not? That would explain my current low number and possibly why many are currently reporting 0.

This is pure speculation here, but I am wondering if all web based referrals are broken & Tesla itself doesn't even know it, and only personally entered referral codes at the SC are working. That might explain why some referrals are getting through and many are not? That would explain my current low number and possibly why many are currently reporting 0.
i've thought about it and maybe that is true.

However in my post above i did help purchase my mothers car by clicking on my referral link posted on TMC and it worked.

At 0 referrals, I got at least one during the past 3 programs ):

Hopefully someone will figure out what causes our referral links on TMC/YouTube/etc.. to be invalid. I am not sure why BjornNyland, KmanAuto, LikeTesla and other big Tesla Youtubers aren't complaining about this.

Hopefully they will remove ERBS (Elon's Referral Blocking System) during the next referral program.

Reactions: HankLloydRight

It's not entirely impossible. In fact, all referrals I have gotten this round so far have been for inventory or demo cars, which means that they haven't been placed through the design studio, but manually through a Tesla salesperson.

I'm at 7 this round....

At 0 referrals, I got at least one during the past 3 programs ):

Hopefully someone will figure out what causes our referral links on TMC/YouTube/etc.. to be invalid. I am not sure why BjornNyland, KmanAuto, LikeTesla and other big Tesla Youtubers aren't complaining about this.

Hopefully they will remove ERBS (Elon's Referral Blocking System) during the next referral program.

I'm the admin of the german Tesla forum (www.tff-forum.de) and had a few referrals in all previous periods.

This time I have only one from an order in the service center where my referral code was used. So there might be a problem when the link is coming from another website and not entered manualy in the browser.

If Tesla changed the rules I think they should give all participants this information. If someone buys a car and wants to reward e.g. our forum for the information he got prior to his order the referral should count independent of the way it was entered.

Last edited:
I don't think they would do that. They want us to "spread the word" through social media, so they cannot block referrals coming from social media?

upload_2017-3-8_13-47-52.png

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Questions about referrals: Since the current round is set to expire on March 15th, will there be another one directly after, or will it be a little while? I ask because I'm awaiting for my S to be assessed by insurance (told it is a write-off after an accident last week, but waiting for confirmation as well as the compensation I get from the insurance company). I won't reserve a replacement until I have a chance to see how things turn out with insurance and see that it's still financially viable.

Also, is it possible to use my own referral towards a new purchase? Has anyone done this? Otherwise, I'll gladly take a referral when it comes time. :)

Questions about referrals: Since the current round is set to expire on March 15th, will there be another one directly after, or will it be a little while? I ask because I'm awaiting for my S to be assessed by insurance (told it is a write-off after an accident last week, but waiting for confirmation as well as the compensation I get from the insurance company). I won't reserve a replacement until I have a chance to see how things turn out with insurance and see that it's still financially viable.

Also, is it possible to use my own referral towards a new purchase? Has anyone done this? Otherwise, I'll gladly take a referral when it comes time. :)
- the last several rounds, a new referral program followed after the current referral program expired - either immediately or at least shortly thereafter, IIRC.
- my understanding is that yes, you can use your own referral code if you have one
- however if by chance you do need a code from a fellow Canadian MS owner, feel free to PM me
ps hope all goes well with your insurance claim!

Reactions: TrevTremaine

Sorry to hear about your accident.:(

-Most likely, the new referral program will start immediately afterwards. I think that 5 out of 6 times (since the initial referral program), it has started right away. The one time that I know there was a gap was the first two weeks of April 2016...because I ordered during that time and there was no referral program active at that time. I know the history of referral programs shows it was from February 16, 2016 - April 15, 2016 but I'm pretty sure there wasn't an active referral program when I placed my order in early April 2016.
-Yes, you can use your own referral link.
-Feel free to use my referral link. I've had many satisfied users already! :) (Thanks!)

I had someone use my link and it didn't show on the dashboard unless he lied. I reached out to him to ask that he send the code to his DS to be sure it is entered.

This total fail by Tesla has them laughing all the way to the bank. Increase the prizes while breaking redemption create enough buzz to get folks paying for ad words that never payoff as the link doesn't increment the counter (but I presume still gets the buyer their discount).

This referral program has been a total sh1t show. EPIC FAIL TESLA

I had someone use my link and it didn't show on the dashboard unless he lied. I reached out to him to ask that he send the code to his DS to be sure it is entered.

This total fail by Tesla has them laughing all the way to the bank. Increase the prizes while breaking redemption create enough buzz to get folks paying for ad words that never payoff as the link doesn't increment the counter (but I presume still gets the buyer their discount).

This referral program has been a total sh1t show. EPIC FAIL TESLA

I wish they would just tell us what they changed for this program

Reactions: HankLloydRight

-Most likely, the new referral program will start immediately afterwards. I think that 5 out of 6 times (since the initial referral program), it has started right away. The one time that I know there was a gap was the first two weeks of April 2016...because I ordered during that time and there was no referral program active at that time. I know the history of referral programs shows it was from February 16, 2016 - April 15, 2016 but I'm pretty sure there wasn't an active referral program when I placed my order in early April 2016.
-Feel free to use my referral link. I've had many satisfied users already! :) (Thanks!)

You've hit upon my only concern - that there's not a break between now and April, and that was just after I ordered mine last year.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out!

If you go to MyTesla and look at the past referral programs, it tells you the dates. There was none between Dec 31, 2016 and Feb 16, 2016, and again there was none between April 15, 2016 and May 30. I think the February to April program last year was for home charging and not for cars. They were trying to clear out the old HPWCs as they introduced a new one right about the time of the refresh Model S release.

I would say odds are good a new program will start right after this one ends.

• Helpful
Status
Not open for further replies.