Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20170831_155553.jpg

120 days after receiving the wrong rims (silver instead of Grey) look what finally arrived at my SC. I'm scheduled to have them installed on Tuesday September 5th. BTW these are from the referral program that ended on October 15th 2016. They include staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and tire pressure sensors. I am glad I waited for the right color and appreciate those on the forum that encouraged me to have faith that Tesla will eventually come through. I will post pictures once the tires have been mounted.

View attachment 244970

120 days after receiving the wrong rims (silver instead of Grey) look what finally arrived at my SC. I'm scheduled to have them installed on Tuesday September 5th. BTW these are from the referral program that ended on October 15th 2016. They include staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and tire pressure sensors. I am glad I waited for the right color and appreciate those on the forum that encouraged me to have faith that Tesla will eventually come through. I will post pictures once the tires have been mounted.

Very nice rims!

Had a question about the change in the referral program in May. When they changed from the old program (Gigafactory tour tickets for first referral) to the new one (Radio Flyer Model S for first referral), the language in the release made it sound like people who had a referral in the old program would be eligible for both prizes.

There is also this thread on Reddit (linked below) which says that people are eligible for both even if the referral under the old program happened before the announcement of the new program. Can anyone else confirm whether this is the case? Have little kids and the Radio Flyer S would be awesome! Thanks!

Some clarification from Tesla regarding current Referral rewards • r/teslamotors

Thanks, Bonnie, but still unclear. At some point owners got $1000 too? Currently, of course, owners get 'prizes' or points towards things like the new Roadster. So from that thread I read pages of, it sounds like we can still get prizes and not money (or at least that was the feeling in 2015...). Color me more confused.

Are we in Virginia in or out? Don't get why there would be a halfway. I would assume it's one way or the other.

Thanks, Bonnie, but still unclear. At some point owners got $1000 too? Currently, of course, owners get 'prizes' or points towards things like the new Roadster. So from that thread I read pages of, it sounds like we can still get prizes and not money (or at least that was the feeling in 2015...). Color me more confused.

Are we in Virginia in or out? Don't get why there would be a halfway. I would assume it's one way or the other.
Yes, the first program gave a $1k credit into your account, along with various prizes. But iirc, both Virginia and Ohio said that prizes were a form of compensation, too. You can thank state dealership associations for this outcome. They tried (and failed) the same shenanigans in California.

Complain to your state legislators. They are controlled by the local dealerships and they are to blame. Tesla would be happy to allow you to participate in the referral program. Get those laws changed!

Reactions: boaterva
Status
Not open for further replies.