Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still leaves us with step 2 ?

Attachments

• IMG_1870.PNG
    IMG_1870.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • Funny
Reactions: lunitiks
That exact thing had already been done by @K-MTG, but was discontinued when Elon tweeted about the referral program a few months ago. See:
Tesla Referral Links
and:
Randomized Referral!

That doesn't prevent someone else from doing the same thing. But I doubt the forum owners/mods would take on that responsibility. And to my point, even that that existed, there would be no end to new people joining the forum and spamming their referral code in every "referral" thread they can find. Happens about once per week.

I didn't even get the email Tesla YouTubers were receiving a few months ago to remove referral codes but I still took down the randomizer as I was worried that Tesla might ban my code.

Though my code still works (when you click on it)...I received 0 referrals so far this year. So it's possible they banned me for creating the randomizer. I got 5 last year but 0 this year...someone on TMC told me they would use my code (2 weeks ago) but when I followed up they used someone else so I have no idea if my code actually works. Maybe I should just put an order for an S and cancel just to make sure I have a functioning code. Hoping to get just one referral by the end of the year.

But since I have solar city on a different email address I received a different referral code...maybe I should give that one out instead?

Any idea what the time will be? I am flying into SF in the evening. I didn't get an invite but I want to watch it live
The attached email is literally all the information I have received. Just thought I’d post it because it’s the first official word I’ve seen on it other than a tweet from Elon Musk.
Not even sure exactly where the event is being held in Hawthorne either.

I didn't even get the email Tesla YouTubers were receiving a few months ago to remove referral codes but I still took down the randomizer as I was worried that Tesla might ban my code.

Though my code still works (when you click on it)...I received 0 referrals so far this year. So it's possible they banned me for creating the randomizer.

I really don't think Tesla would ban your code for the randomizer! It's now allowed according to their own rules:

Not OK:
  • Advertising
  • Spam
  • Anything misleading or annoying
OK:
  • YouTube channels
  • Informational & fan websites
  • Social media sharing

I think your site would fall clearly under "Informational & fan websites" and it's definitely not Advertising, Spam, misleading or annoying. So I really think you're safe. And so far, we've never heard of anyone's' code being banned, even people who are using Google AdWords to advertise for referrals. Like this guy -- his code still works.

upload_2017-10-3_21-29-16.png

I personally think the randomized referral page was a great idea and I think you should re-launch it. But I know you're a bit more cautious than I am. ;)

So some person on here (see the attached photo) mistakenly believed I am looking for a referral code and spammed me with this offer of $300 to use his referral code. WTF?!

Isn't this totally against forum rules and also against TESLA rules? I wasn't going to say anything at first, but it's really inappropriate -- do you guys agree? Offering CASH to use one's code??
Referral abuse 0.jpg
referral abuse.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
I really don't think Tesla would ban your code for the randomizer! It's now allowed according to their own rules:

I think your site would fall clearly under "Informational & fan websites" and it's definitely not Advertising, Spam, misleading or annoying. So I really think you're safe. And so far, we've never heard of anyone's' code being banned, even people who are using Google AdWords to advertise for referrals. Like this guy -- his code still works.

View attachment 251617

I personally think the randomized referral page was a great idea and I think you should re-launch it. But I know you're a bit more cautious than I am. ;)

I really got nothing to loose....It's relaunched!!! Just restored the original files:

Tesla Referral Links

Got my 3rd referral and am super excited and motivated to get the 4th (Powerwall). I plan to get the solar roof when it's available in my area and the power wall will help with the cost.

I'm willing to meet you in person with my X and walk you through the good, bad, ugly, and great (mostly great) about the vehicle. Also happy to chat via email or phone anytime as I recently retired and have some new found time.

I'm in the Vancouver area but I'm happy to travel to you if necessary (I'm motivated) - Seattle, Portland, Alberta etc. I've done too much research on these cars and am happy to condense the useful information I've learned along the way for anyone willing to listen.

Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty

My code: michael8673

Cheers and please pm me to get in contact.

Mike

It looks like you've been offering people money to use your code ... yes?

Anyone that posted their code into the randomizer. Please don't post again...I manually check them every day to make sure nobody is spamming. Maybe I can just write a script that prevents duplicates but some people get creative with short links.

what is the maximum number of referral codes i can use when ordering a new tesla? i have many friends who have model s and model x and there are eight model s in my neighborhood and 4 model x, maybe even more for both, so i can get many referral codes if i could use them all on a single order

Status
Not open for further replies.