Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only they would replace the solar roof token or give an optional choice. Currently have 2 solar roof tokens and no use for them or value.
I'm in this boat too. Got my 5th referral when they swapped around the referral program, so I got stuck with a second solar roof token (which is pretty silly). I tried emailing them, but their referral team responds are pretty much non-existent.

Reactions: JPUConn
The free unlimited Supercharging is also limited to your first five referrals now as per Ganesh's email. Do they typically extend that after your 5th referral?

Model S and Model X: Free Unlimited Supercharging
Owners can give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging with the purchase of a new Model S or Model X. In addition to unlimited Supercharging, the first friend each owner refers between February 1 and April 30 will also receive a $500 credit toward service or vehicle accessories.
It would be pretty dumb to remove it after the 5th referral, unless they intentionally don't want people referring more than 5 people.

So is this a new phase where referral counter resets to 0 or is it just an update to the prizes again?
The page says

Starting May 1, 2018 referral awards will be updated as follows:

So my interpretation is just changing the awards. But this is my first changeover and I don't have any refs yet, so maybe someone who has been around longer has paid attention to the wording in the past.

• Helpful
Reactions: Amit519
Complete program details here: Tesla announces new round of referral program

Now a few years into the program, it has become clear that Tesla’s referral program is an important part of the automaker’s sales model as it has been renewed every quarter. This time, Tesla even announced the new round of referral program ahead of the end of the current round. Tesla launched the latest round of the referral program in February with a few new prizes and benefits for new buyers.

It is set to run until the end of April, but Tesla has already updated its referral program website for a new round of the program running from May 1 to July 15, which is a new date range for the program. They released the new awards for the new round, but there are the same awards with only a different sequence of eligibility. It looks like they put the order to more accurately reflect the value of each award even though it’s hard to estimate a value for some of those. The Powerwall 2 is now last for 5 referrals along with an invitation to a Tesla unveiling event and the solar roof token dropped a few positions.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HankLloydRight
Interestingly the $5,000 credit language shows on the Canadian site but not the US site.
The Canadian site shows a Powerwall credit of Canadian $7,800 (equivalent to US$6,155). I looked at the updated May 1 to July 15, 2018 USA referral award program and I didn't see anything about credit instead of the powerwall. I would love to get the credit instead of the powerwall, I can apply the credit towards my M3 AWD purchase I'm holding off on.
20180420_044822.jpg
20180420_044920.jpg

Referral program for US effective May 1 to July 15, 2018.
The referral program has changed for this next cycle. The 3rd, 4th and 5th qualifying referral awards have changed a little.
Not many people are going to be able to take advantage of the 3rd referral award: Early Access token for Solar roof". Is Tesla possibly trying to push their Solar roof installs by moving this award into the model S/X referral award category? See details below.
No mention if the free supercharging for life with referral code will continue or not after April 30th.
Also, no mention if referrals accrued so far will carry over to the next cycle and count towards the Roadster 2020 award or not. Other TMC members who are better informed may please correct me if I'm wrong. They did rollover during the last cycle.
PM me for my referral code if anyone would like to take advantage of the current "free supercharging for life with referral code" offer.
Screenshot_20180420-074810_Samsung Internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.