Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so confused. I have five referrals, two whom I don’t know or even had electronic contact. I gave away the first three prizes (2x kid Tesla and Arachnid wheels), but my loot box seems to show another set of Arachnids, a power wall (available 2019), and an invitation to a future event. Also, the 1st set of arachnids were definitely delivered, but the loot box says they’re still at the service center. I think Tesla is mistaken, but maybe I don’t understand the program. My 4th and 5th referrals were the end of August and September of 2018, while the first three were all in 2017. I thought those were different programs. Are the prizes cumulative?

Edit: I also got to the unlocked secret roadster level.
They haven't reset the counter in over a year, so they just keep adding up. I'm in the same boat as you. Previous cycle I got 3 referrals back when that earned you a set of Arachnids. Then they changed the program (without resetting the counter) and I got 2 more referrals around the same time you did. So another set of arachnids, and a Powerwall.

First set of arachnids never showed up, after 6 months I eventually talked to the service center and they have a set they can give me, even though it just says "processing" in my loot box.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
This just in on my app. Fifth secret level unlocked.

Attachments

• 08F0D756-F44C-4D2E-9EBE-321874C2E220.jpeg
    08F0D756-F44C-4D2E-9EBE-321874C2E220.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 68
This just in on my app. Fifth secret level unlocked.

Yeah, I got that to and I suspect most people with several referrals or more got it.

It's interesting, but kind of a yawner for me. It's really just some bragging rights to launch something in to deep space with nearly zero chance it will never be found? And if it is, we'll be long long long long gone. Same with 'have your name etched into glass". Yeah, ok. Great. :rolleyes:

For helping Tesla sell real cars for real dollars, they surely seem to be slowly killing any real incentive to help them sell cars and move towards profitability.

The question is, do referrals still count towards the Next Gen Roadster discount? Or has that stopped now with 'Secret Level 5'?

It's interesting, but kind of a yawner for me.

I agree. Very underwhelming in the grand scheme of things. But at least they are continuing to open up new levels.

The question is, do referrals still count towards the Next Gen Roadster discount? Or has that stopped now with 'Secret Level 5'?

I would expect so. It's still called Secret Level: Secret Founders Roadster, Level 5. Would be odd if they cut out the Roadster part of it.

I'd expect the referral program to continue along the same track as it has been, without the opportunity for the lower-level prizes to be re-set. The only real incentive for high volume referrers is to go for multiple Roadsters. But how the referral program has been gutted (just a $100 charging credit to the purchaser), the referral is way more valuable to the person giving it than to the person receiving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.