Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voor mij wel, ga volgende week bestellen. Morgen eerst kleuren gaan kijken in Zaventem :) Ik zal er daar eens achter vragen.

zeker doen! ik heb ook de configuratie die ik wou tussen de stockwagens gevonden met slechts 2700km op de teller en een totale korting van 9000€ tot van de toen gangbare prijs (hij was nog uit een oudere prijslijst)
bijkomend voordeel: na enkele weken reed ik er mee:smile:

Nice, but "take delivery before April 15"? I presume it's an american date so they mean April 15th and not April 2015! But even if April 15th, it's going to be tough for any custom builds as as of today, they're now saying June delivery. :confused:

Obviously, this referral program is only suited for the US market.

Model S orders to be placed after 16th Feb and delivered before 15th April.

The current estimated delivery to AU if ordered now is late May

that struck me too... Totally useless for us.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a bit of a mess, and I think looks different to what I read earlier. Also, MY TESLA page says this...

image.jpeg

But if I click on the "full program details here" link, the details are for the old expired program....

image.jpeg

They really need need to sort it out!

It looks like it's improvised indeed. There's poor planning behind it.
What are the delivery times in the US? Because in Europe you can't get a new Model S before end of May, and the eligibility criteria says the new owners must take delivery of their car before April 15th... Doesn't make any sense

I wondered that myself. Even my 5 referrals from 2.0 are gone.

I'm guessing that since the site just went up (I could not find it early this afternoon) and since there's no obvious link (as I post this) to the referral 3.0 page the page is not yet complete.

Update: Just noticed that you do not have to be logged in to see the page so you do not have to be an owner to see it. Guessing only a page linked to through a My Tesla account will see the code.
My link is the same as the last program's link. I got an email and your link should aslo be on your "my tesla" page.

The more (times) I read the referral program summary, the more it appear to me that it really just amounts to $1,200 off the price.

This business about saying it's a home charging installation credit is kind of a shell game to me.
Last time, they said it usually cost $2,000 in marketing or something to that effect to sell their cars, and they were passing those
savings on to the referrer/buyer. Now, they're assigning the discount to "home charging".

But really, the end result is that they are giving up less money.

What they should do, is give the buyer $2000 - $1000 of which is cash off the price, and $1000 to spend at Tesla in the future.
And enter the referrer in this lottery.

The more (times) I read the referral program summary, the more it appear to me that it really just amounts to $1,200 off the price.

This business about saying it's a home charging installation credit is kind of a shell game to me.
Last time, they said it usually cost $2,000 in marketing or something to that effect to sell their cars, and they were passing those
savings on to the referrer/buyer. Now, they're assigning the discount to "home charging".

But really, the end result is that they are giving up less money.

What they should do, is give the buyer $2000 - $1000 of which is cash off the price, and $1000 to spend at Tesla in the future.
And enter the referrer in this lottery.

Or they could do nothing.

Or they could do nothing.

Well...I get the spirit of what you're saying...that anything the give is better than nothing.

But the truth is that they are giving these "referral" credits as a way to boost sales.
It seems to me they want to call it something other than "cash back" or whatever other
words other car makers use, so as not to be perceived as putting the model S "on sale".

I don't need an economics degree to understand that the referral credit is really just a discount.

The previous referral credit was flawed in that it was way overly beneficial to the referrer
(Bonnie, you said yourself that you "made out like a bandit" - I don't begrudge you for that,
you just made the best of the situation you were in, but those aren't exactly the words one uses
to describe something that's fair).

The one point I'm trying to make - actually I'm just trying to agree with what has already been
said above that it's better this time around. It's more fair.

The other point, which is more to your comment, is that sure, "or they could do nothing".
But, it's kind of too late for that. The cat's out of the bag. They already gave effectively
$2000 off a model S. Tesla already set that bar. And now, the Model S is only older than it
was last fall, and hasn't to my knowledge gotten physically any different for the same price
as compared to when the last program closed on Dec 31, 2015.

So...it just seems odd to me that Tesla lowered the bar. At least that's the way I see it,
coming from the point of view of a prospective buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.