Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tesla finds out you are giving added incentives, they might invalidate your code.

I think Tesla would feel the same about anyone else just "throwing" their referral code out on a public website and saying use mine use mine. Surely the "intent" of the referral program was to incentivize someone to actively promote and talk up buying a Tesla. From podcasts to for profit websites to people on TMC saying use mine....I don't think that was the intent..Tesla probably considers it an uninted consequence.

Reactions: Cowby
Why is this even a debate? Who cares what Tesla thinks? They're not the arbiter of what's right and wrong are they? And since presumably everyone is an adult capable of making their own decisions, I would assume nobody is going to turn themselves into Tesla and await their punishment.

I don't see problem here. The guys with the Google Adwords ads promoting their codes are paying money to do so. The OP is also paying money; only he's giving it directly to you. :-D

Why is this even a debate? Who cares what Tesla thinks? They're not the arbiter of what's right and wrong are they? And since presumably everyone is an adult capable of making their own decisions, I would assume nobody is going to turn themselves into Tesla and await their punishment.

I don't see problem here. The guys with the Google Adwords ads promoting their codes are paying money to do so. The OP is also paying money; only he's giving it directly to you. :-D
I'd care what they think if they ended up voiding my referrals after I shelled out cash to get them. Not that I don't see or agree with you, it'd just suck if that happened, however low the chance is.

I have all 9 referrals for the March 16, 2017 - June 15, 2017 program. Does that mean I already get the new prizes for the remainder of the year even though my current count is 0?
Yes, It's in the Details "Owners with one or more referrals in the previous phase between March 16, 2017 and May 19, 2017 will be eligible for both updated and previous phase awards until June 15, 2017"
Referral Program

Incidentally, a post of mine was deleted by admin for showing my referral code. Well maybe it will not get noticed in this forrest. My Tesla Referral Code I would really like to get a powerwall for my new solar system.

Are you insinuating that by using your referral code, we'll help END child hunger? As in, that's it, no more child hunger, all due to us using your referral code? So if I go and donate $500 today to your link, that'll help END child hunger? Is that all it'll take? Help is a very relative term.

How about using less click-bait headlines while telling people that you just want the 5 Tesla referrals for personal reasons and are willing to spend $500 for it.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Are you insinuating that by using your referral code, we'll help END child hunger? As in, that's it, no more child hunger, all due to us using your referral code? So if I go and donate $500 today to your link, that'll help END child hunger? Is that all it'll take? Help is a very relative term.

How about using less click-bait headlines while telling people that you just want the 5 Tesla referrals for personal reasons and are willing to spend $500 for it.
Better yet, honestly say that: "I'm paying $100 per referral (via charity or to you directly) for using my referrals so I can get prizes from the referral program".

I think camouflaging kids hunger, charity, and donations behind your shameless desire to get the prices is .... distasteful and classless

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911 and Max*
Yes, It's in the Details "Owners with one or more referrals in the previous phase between March 16, 2017 and May 19, 2017 will be eligible for both updated and previous phase awards until June 15, 2017"
Referral Program
@veritas415 earned the prizes for the previous referral program that ended early but didn't automatically receive prizes for the program running through the end of the year. The referral program was reset and everyone must start over from zero for the program running through the end of the year but any prizes already earned for the previous program will still be awarded, once deliveries are made.

Along with the extension of free Supercharging to new Teslas purchased by existing Tesla owners which is discussed in another thread, and extension of free Supercharging for Tesla buyers who use an existing owner' s referral link, Tesla has also extended the Owner Referral Program to December 28, 2017 (222 days from May 21) according to the My Tesla page for our S75. I haven't seen an official announcement

Tesla making Christmas come in May.

That's how I Interpreted as well but some other people have been implying that the previous referrals applied to the new program. I guess better to be safe and make some more referrals :p

@veritas415 earned the prizes for the previous referral program that ended early but didn't automatically receive prizes for the program running through the end of the year. The referral program was reset and everyone must start over from zero for the program running through the end of the year but any prizes already earned for the previous program will still be awarded, once deliveries are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.