Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a contract from Tesla last week with the following wording:

TAXATION OF POWERWALL AWARD AND W-9 REQUIREMENT. As a reward for your referrals of Tesla products, Tesla will provide you with a Powerwall (value $6,700 USD) and a Backup Gateway (value $1,100 USD) at no charge, along with an installation credit of up to $1,000 USD. This award will be taxable income for many of our customers, including customers who are citizens and/or residents of the United States. The award may be taxable income for state income tax purposes, as well. Tesla is required to report such income to you and to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on a Form 1099-MISC. Thus, you will need to provide Tesla with your U.S. taxpayer identification number on a Form W-9. By entering into this agreement, you agree to provide Tesla with this Form W-9. Tesla will contact you to request the Form W-9 from you.

I assume this has been posted before, but it seems clear what they consider the taxation value of this referral award to be. Since this is a contract it would be be a little strange to then put different values on a 1099. But, considering nobody has actually seen a 1099 from Tesla, who knows...

Greetings all. Soon to be new Model 3 owner (picking up Friday). My sales associate told me that he can enter a referral code for me in to my existing order up until the time I take delivery. Would anyone be willing to share their code with me? I have found several folks posting links taking me to a custom order page, but I need the actual code to give to my sales associate over the phone so he can enter it directly in to my order page. It seems the links don’t work for me (or, I don’t know how to use one LOL). I’d love it if someone would be willing to message me the code so I can phone it in. Thanks in advance, Paul

Reactions: K-MTG
Greetings all. Soon to be new Model 3 owner (picking up Friday). My sales associate told me that he can enter a referral code for me in to my existing order up until the time I take delivery. Would anyone be willing to share their code with me? I have found several folks posting links taking me to a custom order page, but I need the actual code to give to my sales associate over the phone so he can enter it directly in to my order page. It seems the links don’t work for me (or, I don’t know how to use one LOL). I’d love it if someone would be willing to message me the code so I can phone it in. Thanks in advance, Paul
You can use your own code you know?

Install of my referral powerwalls started today. They’ll finish up tomorrow. Think they look great!

D1C6CFCE-B734-4A96-AD70-599D8BC04F24.jpeg

Looks like a really clean install! Did they need to install anything on the outside of the house?

Yes, normally there is a lot of extra equipment that you would see. But all of that is going on the wall with the main panel. It leaves the battery location relatively clean. Even the battery disconnects that you see to the right that the utility mandated to approve the install is completely unnecessary as the batteries have an on/off switch.

There are videos of installations on YouTube but here’s a pic of some of the rewire needed for a powerwall install.

798684FA-ED72-4575-B6BD-26474153597B.jpeg

Yes, normally there is a lot of extra equipment that you would see. But all of that is going on the wall with the main panel. It leaves the battery location relatively clean. Even the battery disconnects that you see to the right that the utility mandated to approve the install is completely unnecessary as the batteries have an on/off switch.

There are videos of installations on YouTube but here’s a pic of some of the rewire needed for a powerwall install.

View attachment 506217
:eek: that looks awful. I really hope there is nothing close to that when they get around to my install. It’s right next to the front entrance...

Status
Not open for further replies.