Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a couple of people on one of the FB groups who have also mentioned this. I personally didn’t notice any difference in steering on the nursery run, this morning. Update was applied last night. Have you tried a 2-button reset?
Same as me, upgrade applied last night. I did tried 2 button reset, didn't help. Would pedal+buttons reset make any difference? If so I might try before my next drive.

Going to create a service request, I felt like I couldn't drive straight on carriageway as I can't steer between the steps which is annoying at best

Same as me, upgrade applied last night. I did tried 2 button reset, didn't help. Would pedal+buttons reset make any difference? If so I might try before my next drive.

Going to create a service request, I felt like I couldn't drive straight on carriageway as I can't steer between the steps which is annoying at best
Pedal makes no difference in the 3/Y, that’s a S/X thing. Service request sounds like the right way to go. There’s a few people reporting this, now.

What model do you have (apologies if you’ve said)? If it’s a MS or MX there is a known issue with the universal joint which sticks and could be a coincidence or a change to how much assist it’s being given.

It seems they fix it for some while breaks it for others
Pedal makes no difference in the 3/Y, that’s a S/X thing. Service request sounds like the right way to go. There’s a few people reporting this, now.

2023.2.10 - something had changed regarding the steering. Turning used to feel smooth, now it feels as if there're steps, making turns feels like clicky. The clicking can be felt even when I steer in park.

Is that a known issue?

edit: When I google steering and 2023.2.10 all I got is heated steering wheel pages, which is not helpful at all.

Yes! After the update my steering feels juddery for the first few degrees off centre. I have a mate who works in Tesla SC I'm going to see what he thinks

I’ve installed 2.12 this morning. Undriven as yet.
I’ve no idea what “minor improvements“ have been made but:

Under 2.10 acceleration in AP was happening in waves, speed up slowly, ease off, speed up some more and so on.
This disappeared under 2.11 but my wipers, that are normally trouble free wouldn’t cope with heavy drizzle. I only drove one journey though.

@AnthonyLR are you with me on this one?

I’ve installed 2.12 this morning. Undriven as yet.
I’ve no idea what “minor improvements“ have been made but:

Under 2.10 acceleration in AP was happening in waves, speed up slowly, ease off, speed up some more and so on.
This disappeared under 2.11 but my wipers, that are normally trouble free wouldn’t cope with heavy drizzle. I only drove one journey though.

@AnthonyLR are you with me on this one?
Been on this a few days - things i noticed on this build

When getting in the car first thing; Multimedia can’t find any sources (like it’s hibernating and not waking up), indicators make no audible alert till the MM wakes up and music starts again? Car is in Dark mode for about 30 seconds even when day time …

Reactions: WllXM and Dilly
Been on this a few days - things i noticed on this build

When getting in the car first thing; Multimedia can’t find any sources (like it’s hibernating and not waking up), indicators make no audible alert till the MM wakes up and music starts again? Car is in Dark mode for about 30 seconds even when day time …
The "sluggish to wake up" thing I have had for about 6 months now. Multiple updates and a cold-and-dark reset hasn't helped. When the radio kicks in 90 seconds into your drive it is "interesting" to say the least.

The "sluggish to wake up" thing I have had for about 6 months now. Multiple updates and a cold-and-dark reset hasn't helped. When the radio kicks in 90 seconds into your drive it is "interesting" to say the least.
I have also had this since some time last summer! The time seems to start as soon as you unlock the car, so if you hop right in then it takes a couple of minutes to "wake up" but if you have to load in bags, children etc then it's usually fine by the time you actually shift into D....

Strange mine just started with the 2.12… I wonder if this a hardware issue that develops ?
Mine has done this since day 1. Seemed common back in September so I never bothered with service for it. I've got a Ranger coming tomorrow as one of the windows rattles in an annoying way. I'll mention it to him.
The only way I've found to avoid this is to set the car to precondition. This wakes it up so the infotainment is ready when you get in

Yes! After the update my steering feels juddery for the first few degrees off centre. I have a mate who works in Tesla SC I'm going to see what he thinks
Been a week since 2.10 cause this problem to my car, I raised a SR and no response yet.
Now my MYLR drive like *sugar* as I constantly twiddle the wheel between steps just so I'm not running into other cars, it really strains my arm.

• Informative
Reactions: CWT3LR