Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.2.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First proper drive today with 2023.2.12.
As I approached south leeds a massive area of the map changed to the dreaded grey tiles. Parked up in leeds and locked the car. Set off back again an hour or so later. Still a map full of grey tiles until heading back westbound on the M62 near birstall, when the map gradually returned to normal. Looks like a bug that’s being reported by plenty of others with this latest ‘update’.
I think the software update is coincidental. These map issues have been cropping up for several of us… and started before this .12 update. My bet is that it’s Tesla server issues again.

I am on 2022.44.30 but woke up this morning with factory reset, lost all settings and map favourites, app logins the lot. Think the car was telling me it wanted to go home as was showing it being parked at 3500 deer creek road. Lol. Took a while to set everything again as didn’t setup cloud profile. Now I have, in case it happens again.

I’ve installed 2.12 this morning. Undriven as yet.
I’ve no idea what “minor improvements“ have been made but:

Under 2.10 acceleration in AP was happening in waves, speed up slowly, ease off, speed up some more and so on.
This disappeared under 2.11 but my wipers, that are normally trouble free wouldn’t cope with heavy drizzle. I only drove one journey though.

@AnthonyLR are you with me on this one?
I have the update!

Reactions: Dilly
A few updates ago you would have been asked if you wanted to create a cloud profile.

If you selected that, the cloud profiles are the one with the avatar that matches that in the app.

Cloud profiles can move with the person from car to car. Car ones, no avatar, are car only.

If you have what looks like duplicate profiles in car, then they are actually different. Iirc they also might have had email address in name.

This update has broken navigation for me - it’s adding random waypoints on the route. Never seen it so this before and it is easy to be caught out.

Good example is Thirsk rail station, where it’s insisting on visiting a building on an industrial estate two miles from the station before doing a u-turn and going to the right place…

The false waypoints don’t appear in “edit trip” but are shown on the map, as the thick blue line routes there and then becomes grey to show the rest of the trip.

Also a couple of “Autosteer Aborting” master warnings on the motorway. Usually my experience with software updates are that they improve things but this is a disaster.

under the latest software 2023.2.12, on a 80 mile round trip on two way and D/C roads, some speed limits were not seen (all of them off limit signs) and auto lane change worked to overtake but not to pull back in going one way and the reverse coming home and NoA was occasionally unavailable.
It would normally work flawlessly on that journey.
No maps went missing though…

The false waypoints don’t appear in “edit trip” but are shown on the map, as the thick blue line routes there and then becomes grey to show the rest of the trip
Is that not the alternative routes feature?

For some routes it'll show multiple ways of getting to your destination when you first enter the address. The blue line is the preferred route, grey lines indicate alternatives.

Downloaded 2023.2.11 last week and to be fair it didn’t get chance to work on the commute home on Friday as the highways agency had dug up, destroyed, closed or otherwise made all of our national infrastructure impassible.

Tonight on the return journey there are some definite changes.

The high beam assist is almost perfect in the ability to gauge its “reactivation” which is 3 seconds from the last light source. Very impressed and identical to my previous car.

Phantom braking is back. No real repeat reason for it, it just happened at multiple random occasions.

Climate control seems to have 2 settings. Nuclear hot or colder than a polar bears nut sack. I normally leave it at 20 but it just gets hotter and hotter until I drop it to 19 and it goes full air con on me and freezes me. Not had this one before…. However did notice it now blows cold air into my face. Something it never normally managed and had been to the service centre for a few times with no resolution.

Finally it’s signed me out of YouTube, Disney and the other one that’s on there. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

Reactions: CWT3LR
I must admit haven't experienced any of the issues reported here so I should consider myself very fortunate.

With journeys both to and from Suffolk and several long-ish trips in between I stand by my earlier observation that 2023.2.10 and .2.12 seem to be the most impressive in terms of driving I've yet experienced. The A14-M6 return home today was using predominantly Autopilot including from the M6 at J12 & A5-A41 through to Chester. No problems with maps, steering, lights or wipers activating when they shouldn't regardless of sun, darkness, cloud or rain. I can leave the car in AP when traffic backs up and it slows to a stop without drama, then resumes at the pace of the car in front without any of the sudden acceleration or jerkiness that others have sometimes reported (my default following distance is 5). Auto climate isn't used so cannot report on that (just default 20C plus fan) but auto seat & steering wheel heating have been great, as is indicator cancellation on lane change.

Yes there were the usual couple of instances on the M6 where the car briefly slowed against an incorrect limit but neither were dramatic and I was able to accelerate to compensate (back in 2020-21 it used to be a very severe braking event, now just a sudden but gentle slowing down). The wipers still struggle (only) with spray which does require a few presses on the left hand stalk but otherwise very good.

Overall, relaxing and although not quite perfect, enough for my passenger to only use default wife mode on the few instances that I was actually driving. A first I believe.

This is now my second Tesla and neither seem to have developed most of the driving frustrations that others experience & it still makes me question whether my particular setting choices may have some influence on this (mostly set as 'warning only' rather than 'take action'). Either that or I'm just very lucky with both cars.

2023.2.10 added a ‘notchy’ feature to my steering which has rendered the car unable to be driven in a straight line at motorway speeds! More here - Steering wheel not able to drive straight
File a service request - I have that issue since 2.10, thought it'd be a software issue, brought the car in to check turns out they need to replace the steering rack.

May be a batch of defective rack showing problem with updated firmware

File a service request - I have that issue since 2.10, thought it'd be a software issue, brought the car in to check turns out they need to replace the steering rack.

May be a batch of defective rack showing problem with updated firmware
I took it in a couple of weeks ago and they sent me away telling me to wait for a software update! Software update from 2.10 to 2.12 has since happened and the problem remains. Trying to get hold of them through the app to take the car back in is proving difficult.

Went on a 260 mile round trip up the M25/M40/M42 at the weekend. Went up at night time, returned during the day in a mix of low sun and overcast. AP mostly behaved well. No phantom braking (though I still cover the go pedal when passing lorries). The only issue with AP was when going past off-ramps in lane 1. The car would briefly dive down the off-ramp, whilst simultaneously indicating right and would then swerve back into lane 1. Absolutely crazy, and if I were in a police car following me I would definitely be thinking, “WTF are they doing?“ and think they deserve a stop.

AHB worked acceptably. I now leave them on all the time. I’d prefer it if they didn’t come on in 30mph limits with street lighting, but they dip quick enough when anyone else is about that I don’t feel embarrassed by them.

Auto-wipers were ok. When it’s a tiny bit of drizzle I find I have to manually wipe (but then that was the same with our previous car) but the little bit of rain we did get they worked as expected.

TBH, I don’t think AP has changed in a very long time, it’s merely changing weather conditions that occasionally make us think Tesla have tweaked it.

AHB definitely improved considerably a few months back.

Auto-wipers, hard to tell. They could be the same as when we got the car two years ago, or they may have been tweaked. Changing weather conditions makes it hard to tell whether there have been any changes.