Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, I've been told my car has a 6/12 build date and has the DU00, so it might have been the first to get it. The "View Spec" link showed DU00, but they're checking to make sure. BTW, @CL600 shows as unknown on the Corked/Uncorked. @CL600, can you let us know what you have?

BTW, I've been told my car has a 6/12 build date and has the DU00, so it might have been the first to get it. The "View Spec" link showed DU00, but they're checking to make sure. BTW, @CL600 shows as unknown on the Corked/Uncorked. @CL600, can you let us know what you have?
Pretty sure CL600 has an old drive unit. 12 June would definately be an early build date for the new drive unit, in fact you may have gotten one for testing before they went into mainstream production, although 12 June is a Monday and sometimes they refer to the whole week as the Monday production date.

Updated. See the file attached to the first post in the thread for individual vehicle runlogs and graphs.

We added MikeBur and Bill D runlogs that come directly from CAN data rather than from the web APIs. Those entries have actual car reported torque.

Polar993 is going to collect some high state of charge (SoC) runlogs before we include that X75D in the summary, but you can see Polar993's low SoC results in the individual runlogs.

BeBop is listed under uncorked but we will probably remove the corked vs uncorked differentiation for the S90 as it appears there is none. It would be interesting to see the difference between the P90DL runlogs for launch mode vs no launch mode while ludicrous was disabled. But such runlogs may not exist.

upload_2017-10-20_10-23-4.png

upload_2017-10-20_10-23-51.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MikeBur and GaryW
Just got my Dec 2016 171xxx MS 75D uncorked yesterday. Haven't had time or space yet to do 0-60 runs. However with Powertools, did do some run logs, seen my peak power fluctuate with SOC. A few data points for the peak kW/SOC, 326kW/46%, 335kW/65%, 355kW/89%.

Any preferred format for CAN logging?

I have a Panda set up to log on 3 busses, and also have a LELink BT dongle I use with TMSpy (though it seems to drop frames).

I will likely get around to writing an app to do some better real time logging, but want to make sure the format and parameters logged are useful...

Any preferred format for CAN logging?

I have a Panda set up to log on 3 busses, and also have a LELink BT dongle I use with TMSpy (though it seems to drop frames).

I will likely get around to writing an app to do some better real time logging, but want to make sure the format and parameters logged are useful...
I don't know much about CAN logging. The basic power, velocity and GPS data would match he PowerTools and Dashboard data. Car reported torque and current amperage would be a nice addition. Might be nice to know the torque and or power split between the two drives. I have also seen throttle position, which would mean we could add non rollout starts.

What else comes to mind? I think it would be cool to test stopping distances.

I have hardware to test TM-Spy on the one bus, four wire setup, but I ordered more pins to try the four bus ten wire setup.

How does Dashboard for Tesla work? Does it grab metrics from the API? Is it accurate?

I am an iPhone user but can snag one of the S8s from work to try the app once I get my car to add more data points.
Yes it uses the web API. You can get a one day code to try all the features by asking the developer, but you'd need to know which date you'll have the device.

iOS PowerTools can do a quarter mile run though, in vehicle tracker mode.

• Informative
Reactions: John G
@Krash, quick clarification: @Chasedrgc1223 car's data is listed under "Uncorked" on the table above, but in the zipped files showing the individual runs, it says "Corked". Also, how do you know if it's corked or not from the data? Is there a flag somewhere?
Thanks for checking. I'll make them consistent in the next update.

I don't have access to the APIs so for each group of cars I start out by asking the owners or by guessing based on manufacture date, delivery date and whether then have been in to service to be uncorked. On the S100s we don't have enough data yet to have a theory on how the two differ and since the difference is small we likely need way more samples.