Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confused... how did a corked S70D get 0-60 in 4.62 seconds?

What year is that? This is interesting.
You only get below 5 using rollout, but that is how all the data is compared. Anssi's July 2015 car appears to be set at 470Nm and 275kW max power, so essentially it performs just like a S75D. I actually have a lot of Anssi's data. So much I summarized the standard deviation of power, time and from another workbook.

You only get below 5 using rollout, but that is how all the data is compared. Anssi's July 2015 car appears to be set at 470Nm and 275kW max power, so essentially it performs just like a S75D. I actually have a lot of Anssi's data. So much I summarized the standard deviation of power, time and from another workbook.

That's interesting. Is that the norm for all 2015 S70D's?

This wont help build your data, but just as a FYI between the Model X 75D and 100D. Off the line, they are basically the same up to 40mph or so, it might be slower on the 100 (weight?). After that, the 100D just takes over and completely destroys the 75D
I would say the difference is much less dramatic. Most don't notice the better high speed passing in the 100,. The torque limit on the two is the same but the power limit is higher on the 100. On the non US BTX8 75D the battery is 400v, 16 modules, with a higher limit so even less noticable.

I would say the difference is much less dramatic. Most don't notice the better high speed passing in the 100,. The torque limit on the two is the same but the power limit is higher on the 100. On the non US BTX8 75D the battery is 400v, 16 modules, with a higher limit so even less noticable.

Makes sense, less power available as speed goes up.

0.3 sec from 45-65 alone. .5 sec from 55-75

This wont help build your data, but just as a FYI between the Model X 75D and 100D. Off the line, they are basically the same up to 40mph or so, it might be slower on the 100 (weight?). After that, the 100D just takes over and completely destroys the 75D

I think this backs up what our/Krash's numbers have said in this thread, and what we've felt. If you have or find video, I'd love to see it. Amazingly, there aren't many non "P" Tesla racing video out there.

You can gather 0-60mph (0-100kph) runlogs from iOS Powertools or Android Dashboard for Tesla. To do a quarter mile run in Powertools choose "Vehicle Tracking"

We prefer runlogs in the following formats, in order of ease of use:
  1. CSV via ZIP
  2. Text
  3. PDF, even poorly formatted ones
  4. PNG or other lossless images
  5. JPG or lossy images
Please also include in your message the following:
  1. Owner, if not you
  2. Car type (S75D, S75, S100D, X...)
  3. VIN (like 202xxx)
  4. Manufacture Date (you'll have to ask Tesla)
  5. Purchase Date
  6. Delivery Date, if different from purchase date
  7. MCU Firmware revision for the run
  8. Uncorked? If uncorked after delivery, the date.
  9. Drive Unit (DU00, DU01, old or unknown)
  10. Battery (BTX5, BTX7, BTX8, v1, v2, v3 or other) Sticker part number is in the lower right wheel well and is even more helpful. Turn the wheels all the way left and use a phone camera at an angle.
  11. SOC (state of charge) if not logged
We realize that car API generated runlogs have limitations. We'll try to work around them until we have better CAN (TM-Spy), Dynamometer, or other metrics.
Hi Krash, this is an awesome thread you put together and your hard work is very much appreciated!

I have a question regarding the Android app you mentioned above - Android Dashboard for Tesla. Is the app alone (and not an additional OBD2 dongle) all that is required to measure max power and an acceleration run (quarter mile and 0-60)?

I exchanged a couple of emails with the developer of Tezlab and he mentioned that its hard to get the specific data that I mentioned above via the API calls, that's why I'm curious as to how the Android Dashboard can do that.

I just had my 2016 75D uncorked and I want to test it to confirm that its performance has been increased.

Thanks!

Hi Krash, this is an awesome thread you put together and your hard work is very much appreciated!
I have a question regarding the Android app you mentioned above - Android Dashboard for Tesla. Is the app alone (and not an additional OBD2 dongle) all that is required to measure max power and an acceleration run (quarter mile and 0-60)?
I exchanged a couple of emails with the developer of Tezlab and he mentioned that its hard to get the specific data that I mentioned above via the API calls, that's why I'm curious as to how the Android Dashboard can do that.
I just had my 2016 75D uncorked and I want to test it to confirm that its performance has been increased.
Thanks!
I could have swore that it was unable in later model years but I don't see that on their (Dashboard for Tesla) site: https://sg57productions.com/dashboardfortesla#speed-clocking