Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was finally able to test my uncorked X 100D and got 414 kW out of it. Passed the Dashboard for Tesla data to Krash.

upload_2018-4-23_13-16-30-png.296193

So where does that put me then for a 70D owner?...
I am unclear as to what you are asking. The 400v 70D battery and motors should be able to handle slightly higher max power and torque settings respectively. Tesla is enabling this on the later cars and taking on the added warranty liability. But Tesla is not enabling them on cars as old as the 70D. So you would have to both root the car and make the changes yourself, as well as update any other required but undocumented parts like the inconel fuses.

I am unclear as to what you are asking. The 400v 70D battery and motors should be able to handle slightly higher max power and torque settings respectively. Tesla is enabling this on the later cars and taking on the added warranty liability. But Tesla is not enabling them on cars as old as the 70D. So you would have to both root the car and make the changes yourself, as well as update any other required but undocumented parts like the inconel fuses.
I understand what is required. I'm just pointing out that 70D users got more screwed than 75 RWD owners. Just pointing out that 75 RWD owners shouldn't be complaining because 70D users should have more to complain about than 75 owners that can't uncork.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
@mattack4000, that is correct about real world, but for me, charging to 90% ever night, I'm usually above 80% most of my driving, which I think it where the cut-off is for reduced performance. I just mentioned 90% to ensure you were above that threshold. I'd be curious of your instrumented results above 80%. Thanks!

BTW, I can "feel" the difference below and above 80% SOC, which I why I said "healthy margin".

I did it at 85% today. The result was similar to before. 4.93 0-60, 20-45 1.89 and 45-65 at 2.19.

• Funny
Reactions: John G
I understand what is required. I'm just pointing out that 70D users got more screwed than 75 RWD owners. Just pointing out that 75 RWD owners shouldn't be complaining because 70D users should have more to complain about than 75 owners that can't uncork.
The only reason as a 75 RWD owner I have been complaining is that Tesla has shown no transparency on why 75 RWD sold after July 2017 are uncorked but those sold before cannot (or won't) be uncorked (compared to all/mostly all 75D getting uncorked).

Reactions: Mark77a
@Krash Do Teslas have warm up mode where car has to hit a certain temp before all hells break lose?
I am convinced that maximum performance, specifically the max power is dependent on battery temperature. But good data on exactly how two runs differ is hard to obtain. Mostly because it requires CANBus hardware to measure and so few have it.

An interesting twist is the battery does not have to be heated up to do ludicrous tho because as soon as you turn the 'max battery power' option on you can then engage ludicrous.
Point of clarificatiion: Terminology.

Ludicrous is an "always on" option for Ludicrous-enabled cars.

Max Battery is on top of that; and unlocks Launch Mode (even without waiting for the actual heating to occur).

"I want my mommy" is on top of that, and is called Ludicrous +.

I think that's right but I'm tired, so I might have typo'd again.

I am convinced that maximum performance, specifically the max power is dependent on battery temperature. But good data on exactly how two runs differ is hard to obtain. Mostly because it requires CANBus hardware to measure and so few have it.

I just turned on the car last night, ran the car for 3 minutes and then tested it. Result was basically the same. It was like 70 outside. I think cold is probably below a certain temp

Point of clarificatiion: Terminology.
Ludicrous is an "always on" option for Ludicrous-enabled cars.
Max Battery is on top of that; and unlocks Launch Mode (even without waiting for the actual heating to occur).
"I want my mommy" is on top of that, and is called Ludicrous +.
I think that's right but I'm tired, so I might have typo'd again.
Sorry. You are 100% correct. I lost my P90D X in June 2017 to a deer and I forgot some of those subtleties. I was thinking Launch when I said Ludicrous.