Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/Black waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
There weren't enough waiting room threads so I thought I'd start another

Seriously though, somebody raised a good point: They're not making YOUR vehicle and they're not making TX, or CA, or NY vehicles, they're probably making batches of vehicles that are all the same, then assigning them to matching customers. In other words your order time, or location doesn't make as much difference as your design specs. This makes sense if you think of the painting process, so unless they have multiple paint lines (which ok, they may do) they'd be continually changing things if they did it by order date

So that being said, I chose:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
on 6/22 and have an EDD of 9/4 through 9/24

it would be interesting to see if this theory actually has some validity

...and of course, I'm also being ever so slightly mischievous 🤡

Seriously though, somebody raised a good point: They're not making YOUR vehicle and they're not making TX, or CA, or NY vehicles, they're probably making batches of vehicles that are all the same, then assigning them to matching customers.
This is exactly correct, which is one reason why, in the model 3 subforum we only have waiting room threads for the vehicles (SR/SR+, LR/AWD, P) because otherwise it looks exactly like it does in the model Y subforum, which is basically:

"North east katechooga by the large tree waiting room" (lol)

The following is just from the first 3 pages of the model Y delivery subforum, I guarantee if I go back further, I could likely add several more. I am not even sure anyone realizes it looks like this:
=================================

MYLR, White ext, Black int, 19" Gemini, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD.

Ordered 7/21. No EDD

About as basic as you can get! My SA said they make a lot of cars in this config, so delivery might be sooner than advertised. Not counting on it though.

Seriously though, somebody raised a good point: They're not making YOUR vehicle and they're not making TX, or CA, or NY vehicles, they're probably making batches of vehicles that are all the same, then assigning them to matching customers. In other words your order time, or location doesn't make as much difference as your design specs. This makes sense if you think of the painting process, so unless they have multiple paint lines (which ok, they may do) they'd be continually changing things if they did it by order date

• Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch

I ordered 5/6. New Jersey pick up with the exact same configuration as you. My EDD is 9/9-9/29 currently.

• Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch

Ordered 8/5…... no EDD currently

• Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch

Exact same order here, order date 5/26.