Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobileye saying they'll do highway on/off ramp in 2026.

Laughing aside, I do wish that (NOA) Autosteer would not feel so robotic when doing the off or on ramp thing; the transition is more slot car/go cart in feeling than smooth and steady.

Passengers really shouldn’t be subject to sudden lateral acceleration.

IMO the Tesla system is still too reliant on the painted lines and only processes those lines within two car lengths ahead (/s) instead of being able to look ahead for perhaps three seconds of current velocity and enter the off ramp/exit the on ramp with far less lateral g force than the current Tesla version.

The weather was crap, but NOA/Autosteer took 95% of the load from me; the latest software version (single stack) has made improvements to the visibility of data on the UI for these wintertime long distance drives.

There is no version of the software in customers' vehicles that is single stack. So whatever you are imagining it did, it did it with the "not single stack" software.

Unless you have V11 somehow. If so, what version is it?

Our favorite whiner is doing what he does best. According to him FSDb is completely useless and he has to intervene every 10 feet. He thinks all those videos that you see posted by others are FAKE.

Not surprisingly retweeted by every Tesla hater out there... and surprisingly also retweeted by Whole Mars who has done the maximum number of highly successful videos driving FSDb

Last edited:
Our favorite whiner is doing what he does best. According to him FSDb is completely useless and he has to intervene every 10 feet. He thinks all those videos that you see posted by others are FAKE.

Not surprisingly retweeted by every Tesla hater out there... and surprisingly also by Whole Mars who has done the maximum number of highly successful videos driving FSDb

Maybe if he tried FSD in 20 different vehicles?

Not surprisingly retweeted by every Tesla hater out there... and surprisingly also by Whole Mars who has done the maximum number of highly successful videos driving FSDb

Jason’s experience reflects mine. FSD is worse than useless on my car, it’s highly dangerous. Car to car variance is apparently very high. For those who don’t know, Jason probably knows more about Teslas than anyone else outside Tesla. They tried to hire him, but he won’t leave Hickory. Calling him a whiner is unfortunate at the least. He calls ‘‘em like he sees them. I see the same.

Last edited:

Mercedes is the first automaker to receive such approval in the U.S., beating out names like Tesla, General Motors, Ford, and even Honda. The auto giant holds the title as the first automaker to put out a production vehicle with Level 3 autonomy in its Japan-only Honda Legend sedan.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: navguy12

Not surprisingly retweeted by every Tesla hater out there... and surprisingly also retweeted by Whole Mars who has done the maximum number of highly successful videos driving FSDb

Jason’s claim to fame is that he has been a Tesla hacker for a decade. That tweet thread you quoted and his replies to comments include more than a dozen specific complaints, nearly all of which I also experience even now.

Intervention every 10 feet is likely an exaggeration. My experience is about 200 meters, on average.

Jason has only posted a single YouTube, a month ago, commenting on a single drive. Video is comparable to my experience.

This points to human problem not fsd problem

He knows more about Tesla vehicles than most people on this forum ever will.
Agreed, and getting off topic but did also want to note that he often defends Tesla when something is blatantly false, such as "sudden unintended acceleration". He can get a little wound up on things and exaggerate, sure, but it's not for nefarious reasons.

Sounds like this guy is unable to execute the task of letting the system work in order to see how it does on its own.
Sounds like you're just making excuses and don't know anything about "this guy". Maybe do some research first. I'll help:

Another left from a 4-lane to a 2-lane has a sloped concrete divider in the intersection we're turning towards. I've let it jump it twice just to see if I was overreacting when intervening. It drives right over it like it's not even there, and it IS in the visualization!

Jason’s experience reflects mine. FSD is worse than useless on my car, it’s highly dangerous. Car to car variance is apparently very high. For those who don’t know, Jason probably knows more about Teslas than anyone else outside Tesla. They tried to hire him, but he won’t leave Hickory. Calling him a whiner is unfortunate at the least. He calls ‘‘em like he sees them. I see the same.
That's so odd. I routinely have long drives with the only interventions being done to be courteous to other drivers.

If there is a variance car to car, I wonder what would be the cause?

That's so odd. I routinely have long drives with the only interventions being done to be courteous to other drivers.

If there is a variance car to car, I wonder what would be the cause?
There seem to be two types of FSD experiences, either it's a bascially useless disaster or it's great 90+ percent of the time. I think it is probably location specific, I'd like to see two people with opposite epxeriences drive the same routes and see what happens.

Sounds like you're just making excuses and don't know anything about "this guy". Maybe do some research first. I'll help:

Maybe so, maybe not. May be a little of both.

There are many variables at play in a complex system like FSD.

Isolation troubleshooting steps should reveal more about a specific repeatable issue.

i.e.: Having others take their FSD Beta vehicle through the specific scenario would be a good first step to determine whether it is repeatable across a wider cross-section of vehicles. If not repeatable, the problem may be isolated to some aspect of that particular vehicle.

Edit: I see both @Nocturnal and @JRP3 suggested this while I was writing

This is not meant to be taken as investment advice. 🙂

Reactions: Nocturnal