Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now things are getting interesting and flaw in Tesla's system starts to appear. They should not have used orders for the free Model X criteria. Orders column shouldn't exist. Only deliveries column should be there for free MX. Now the buyers of that person might take delivery first. Who knows maybe they have planted bogus buyers into Bjorn's order list. We will see a repeat of this problem in the other two regions.

Bogus buyers? Getting carried away there. :)

They're thrilled that Bjorn is winning. Best possible outcome for them. Long-time evangelist, stunning videos, demonstrates the viability of the S in harsh conditions w/high mileage. They couldn't ask for a better winner.

Bogus buyers? Getting carried away there. :)

They're thrilled that Bjorn is winning. Best possible outcome for them. Long-time evangelist, stunning videos, demonstrates the viability of the S in harsh conditions w/high mileage. They couldn't ask for a better winner.

Agreed but it is not so obvious in other regions... hope the other two winners are just as worthy.

Kevin2686 is selling his referral. I hope he doesn't win.

Untitled.png

Wasn't there some clause about Tesla deciding whether a person qualifies or not, to prevent the gaming of the system?

Good Faith
We introduce programs such as these in good faith and expect the same good faith in return. Please note that we may withhold credits, discounts or other awards where we believe customers are acting in bad faith or otherwise acting contrary to the intent of this program. We cannot cover every nefarious scenario, nor will we attempt to, but we do promise to be fair and reasonable.

Now things are getting interesting and flaw in Tesla's system starts to appear. They should not have used orders for the free Model X criteria. Orders column shouldn't exist. Only deliveries column should be there for free MX. Now the buyers of that person might take delivery first. Who knows maybe they have planted bogus buyers into Bjorn's order list. We will see a repeat of this problem in the other two regions..

Tesla wanted to give the MX to the first person who generated ten orders, providing that person also had ten people accept delivery. So having only the deliveries column show wouldn't make sense. It also wouldn't be fair to award the MX based on the first to reach ten deliveries, since build times, shipping times, etc., are all beyond the control of the person doing the referring.

Now that Tesla has apparently allowed referrals above ten to count towards the 10 deliveries required to win the MX, I think that aspect of the contest is quite fair.

Latest global status, EU, AP, NA.

Chihungjoe came out of nowhere in Asia Pacific. Zero to Ten in just a few minutes. There is a history here of people buying a bunch of Teslas as bonuses for their staff, or giving away a Tesla with each house purchase in a new luxury development. My guess is that this is one of those deals. Probably skirting on the rule of 'you cannot refer yourself'.

referralgame_20150814.png

what happened to Bjorn's 12 tons cushion?

He said on facebook:

Bjørn's Tesla Videos
6 hrs · Amphoe Chiang Dao, Thailand ·
List update. I am now back to 60 tons/yr. That could mean two things:
a) Two people have cancelled
b) Tesla have fixed the display of the list

My guess is (b), as all seem cleaner now (with CO2 saved = 6 x orders).

On August 12th, Bjorn said that 5 our of 10 had finalized (based on his My Tesla dashboard).

- - - Updated - - -

Seems that the program has been updated to now include a free powerwall?

Referral Program | Tesla Motors

In addition, those who make five referrals will receive a free Tesla Powerwall (including installation), as well as an invitation for them and a guest to attend the Gigafactory grand opening party. Those who make ten referrals will get the right to purchase a fully loaded Founder Series Model X, which is not available to the public, for the price of a base-level Model X—roughly a $25,000 saving. The first person to make ten referrals will get a fully loaded Model X for free.

Original text is here: Model-S-referral-program post1089795

Now that Tesla has apparently allowed referrals above ten

That would fix the problem if they had indeed done this but this is not the case. Bjorn's referrals never showed over 10. It is still possible Bjorn might lose unfairly because they are not allowing him past 10 referrals and the second person is closing in. The referrals will continue until October 31, 2015. By that time 5 people might finish at 10 in Europe. Then it becomes a case of luck. Some of Bjorn's buyers might not take delivery for variety of reasons:
  • They might change their mind. (This happens a lot)
  • Their financing might fail. (This happens a lot)
  • The car might have fault and the buyer might refuse delivery. (This happens rarely)
  • The car might be damaged before delivery. (This happens rarely)

markwj, thanks for the new screenshot. I appreciate that you are showing all 3 regions. That is what matters. Global list doesn't matter because there is no price for that. I agree with you that it was B. When Bjorn's link was working, I had £1000 discount message on Tesla order page when I clicked his link. As soon as he reached 10, the same link said it was full. Therefore it is not possible to go past 10.

On August 12th, Bjorn said that 5 our of 10 had finalized

This is promising but only deliveries count. Somebody might finalize their order and then receive a car with misaligned doors or a white car with pink bumper (there is a video about that by Tesla staff) or some other problem, and then they refuse delivery. I think we should not create the impression this campaign is running smoothly. Tesla can still fix this. The solution would be to allow past 10 referrals but limit the $1000 payments to maximum 10 even if somebody has more than 10. All three regions could potentially have problems with the current system.

Tesla: "They will be invited to configure their Model X once all ten friends have taken delivery of their new Model S."
Source

Last edited:
No. 3 is nonsense. That should also be 'this happens rarely'.

OK, I changed it. However the point here is, there is an unnecessary luck aspect to this competition. Bjorn was far ahead. Now other people are closing in and they are not allowing Bjorn to go past 10. The contest continues until 31 Oct 2015. A few others will reach 10 in Bjorn's category. What if one of Bjorn's buyers doesn't take delivery for any reason and somebody else wins? Do you think that would be fair? I wrote my solution above. I also emailed Tesla. If you disagree and have a better solution, I would like to hear it. Do you agree with what I suggested?

test. I see there's a page 43 and 44 but it seems locked on 42 for me.

I see bcsteeve's post (above) as the first post on page 43, which makes sense, as it is post number 421 in the thread. It's also the last post I see, though I can see pages 44 and 45 as available.

I saw something just like this late last night / early this morning in the "Supercharging letter" thread.

Doug explained this evening (at the grand opening reception for the Monterey store) that the cause of the phantom pages is that posts in this thread were deleted or hidden due to the policy about not advertising referral links. You can see all the posts that are available to see, but there are extra page numbers because the total number of posts including those hidden or deleted is larger. He indicated there was a cleanup step he can do to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.