Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't follow the rules of the referral program, why do you think they should make an exception for you? (Why bother having the rules at all?)
BS. My two referrals followed the rules and they've both been told by Tesla the code wasn't applied or isn't showing on the order? I learned my lesson when my first friend bought his Model 3 and we lobbied Tesla to to apply the code before he took delivery (no dice and lesson learned)

the next two orders I MADE SURE they used my referral link. Do you think we got credit? NO.

I contacted Tesla about it almost 2 months ago and only got the first reply from them after 55 days. In that reply, he asks for the VIN# for both vehicles which I promptly provided within an hour of his email. Think I've gotten a reply yet? LOL.

When it's their word against yours who do you think wins? My advice to anyone who isn't a famous YouTube Tesla related channel star is to get their prospective friends and family to screen shot or better yet video record their computer screen while placing the order. Otherwise you're just SOL it seems.

Yep.
I broke the rules.
My friend should have put down a deposit before going down to test drive. Because that's how I buy most things. I consider buying something, and then put down a down payment sight unseen on everything I purchase. Don't know what my friend was thinking. Maybe he doesn't shop like the rest of us. I'll have to get to the bottom of this.

Yep.
I broke the rules.
My friend should have put down a deposit before going down to test drive. Because that's how I buy most things. I consider buying something, and then put down a down payment sight unseen on everything I purchase. Don't know what my friend was thinking. Maybe he doesn't shop like the rest of us. I'll have to get to the bottom of this.

Nobody said he had to put a deposit down before he went for a test drive. He just had to use your referral link to place the order, which you said he did not.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
BS. My two referrals followed the rules and they've both been told by Tesla the code wasn't applied or isn't showing on the order? I learned my lesson when my first friend bought his Model 3 and we lobbied Tesla to to apply the code before he took delivery (no dice and lesson learned)

the next two orders I MADE SURE they used my referral link. Do you think we got credit? NO.

You're issue is completely different than Geek190's. He said his friend didn't use the link.

You're right.
He did not click the link at all.
He went down and looked at the 3's, talked to the sales people, test drove one, ordered it.
Then he said, oh yeah, I have a referral thing and showed them my link.

By that time it was far too late.

Tesla made some interesting changes today to the referral program page. They changed several instances of the phrase "referral code" to "referral link". i.e. changing:

You and anyone using your referral code to buy a Tesla will receive...
... into:
You and anyone using your referral link to buy a Tesla will receive...

So does this mean that going forward referrals are only going to count if someone uses your link to order a car online? Meaning a referral buyer can't just use your referral code buying a car in person or on the phone? That seems kind of strange to no longer allow those 'word-of-mouth' referrals. Unless they're trying to combat sales associates from stealing codes, or the wrong codes being applied to someone's purchase. But since the referral program doesn't really offer the big incentives it used to, that doesn't seem like a thing that happens that much anymore. It's a bit of a head scratcher to make such a specific change.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Tesla made some interesting changes today to the referral program page. They changed several instances of the phrase "referral code" to "referral link". i.e. changing:

You and anyone using your referral code to buy a Tesla will receive...
... into:
You and anyone using your referral link to buy a Tesla will receive...

So does this mean that going forward referrals are only going to count if someone uses your link to order a car online? Meaning a referral buyer can't just use your referral code buying a car in person or on the phone? That seems kind of strange to no longer allow those 'word-of-mouth' referrals. Unless they're trying to combat sales associates from stealing codes, or the wrong codes being applied to someone's purchase. But since the referral program doesn't really offer the big incentives it used to, that doesn't seem like a thing that happens that much anymore. It's a bit of a head scratcher to make such a specific change.

Interesting catch... Tesla never makes changes to its program language at random. There is definitely a reason for the update... :cool:

Interesting catch... Tesla never makes changes to its program language at random. There is definitely a reason for the update... :cool:
i can see how and why this makes sense.. i have been on the recieving end of having my code removed and given to someone else by one unscrupulous Tesla sales staff. It took almost 2 months and a lot of noise to get it reverted. Using the link might eliminate this;

Anyone in the Seattle area get a PowerWall referral installed yet? I keep getting the run around (earned 2 PWs). First they had me send info in like my utility bill, etc. Then I get a "sorry you are out of our install territory". With no further info... Not sure how some artificial territory is my issue as they one me two PWs. I am 30 miles south of Seattle...not exactly on some remote planet.

What is up with the referral program today? I have lost 9 referrals today and I can see at Top Tesla referrers from the Tesla referral program that a lot of people has lost a lot of referrals. What are they doing now?

It started last evening, between 5pm and 6pm ET. And what's strange is that they weren't all removed at once... It was a very slow drain of referrals. Like one referral lost every 5-10 minutes... all night. The TESLA ACCOUNT page although seems to still be correct (I still need to confirm that). Very odd for sure.

• Informative
Reactions: Techniques
Status
Not open for further replies.