Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the "destination fee" is required by law. its not Tesla. and the 250 order fee is deducted from your total cost of the car if you look at your order detail.s its a deposit.
I don't think so...

My Order says:
Subtotal: $63,990
Destination and Doc Fee: $1,200
Order fee: $250
TOTAL: $65,440

When I called Tesla and said asked if the $250 shouldn't be deducted, as they've already charged me the Order Fee, I was told no, it's added.

I still don't quite get it. If they charged me $250 to place the order, how do they add the Order Fee again? Unless, as I asked, they're going to be deducting it when my final payment is calculated???

For example, there's a California rebate of $750, that I'm told will be deducted from my total PRIOR to my paying for the car in full...

Anyone know if they got a credit for the $250 prior to paying for their Model Y?

Reactions: SPACE_EX
I don't think so...

My Order says:

When I called Tesla and said asked if the $250 shouldn't be deducted, as they've already charged me the Order Fee, I was told no, it's added.

I still don't quite get it. If they charged me $250 to place the order, how do they add the Order Fee again? Unless, as I asked, they're going to be deducting it when my final payment is calculated???

For example, there's a California rebate of $750, that I'm told will be deducted from my total PRIOR to my paying for the car in full...

Anyone know if they got a credit for the $250 prior to paying for their Model Y?
I ordered when the order fee was $100 and the $250 fee might be handled differently (unlikely), but if I open up "Show Details" next to the "Amount Due" I see this in the "Payments Received" section:

Order Deposit - $100.00

Reactions: seeb
I ordered when the order fee was $100 and the $250 fee might be handled differently (unlikely), but if I open up "Show Details" next to the "Amount Due" I see this in the "Payments Received" section:

Order Deposit - $100.00
If you look on the Car Price section on the top before other add on charges (registration fee, title, sales tax,…) you will see the order fee below destination fee.

Model Y $$$$$
Long Range All-Wheel Drive $$$$$
Destination Fee $$$$
Documentation Fee $$$
Order Fee $$$
Car Price $$$$$

In other words, order fee is an additional cost. At the bottom, order deposit -999 is a receipt of your order payment.

Tesla Order Fee means difference with the Deposit amount on other business transaction

I don't think so...

My Order says:

You're getting screwed. do the math.

Mine shows (copy and pasted):

Additional Charges​

Registration Amount
$296.00
Tire Fee
$7.00
License Fee
$424.00
Electronic Filing Fee
$30.00
Sales Tax
$5,889.60

Total Cost of Vehicle $72,086.60​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit
- $250.00

Additional Credits​

CA Clean Fuel Reward
- $750.00

Amount Due​

$5,646.60​

Reactions: SPACE_EX
the "destination fee" is required by law. its not Tesla. and the 250 order fee is deducted from your total cost of the car if you look at your order detail.s its a deposit.
Maybe on your order form the order fee is deducted from the price of the car, but on mine it definitely is not. The order fee is added on top of the price of the car. It is most definitely NOT a deposit.

6A9BC532-3C30-470F-A9E3-F908963DD580.jpeg

Attachments

• 3741B01A-97AE-401A-BB92-25374A75028F.png
    3741B01A-97AE-401A-BB92-25374A75028F.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 88
My quotes are about 2k too ($1100-1200 for electrician portion, permits about $700-800 for my area). This is not including the charger itself which is now $550. I’m not sure if that’s normal but I feel better knowing you’re getting the same as well. I’m in the bay too so we could be getting quotes from the same places lol.
I just installed a 14-50 from BMH Electric, much cheaper than trying to install a wall charge for $2k+ per your quotes, would recommend!

Reactions: Luly
Check your "completed tasks" on the website. You'll find more detail there and likely see the Order Deposit under Payments Received.

See photo..

2. At least the order fee is part of the overall car cost. But it’s easy money for tesla if you happen to cancel. It’s all about those dollar bills
I have to confess, I’m genuinely shocked that there are so many people here that continue to insist the $250 is credited toward the car purchase price. It is not. It is a FEE on top of the cost of the car, just like the destination fee, document fee, and license fee. The only reason that it appears with the negative sign on the purchase agreement is because it was already paid, i.e., you don’t need to pay it again. It doesn’t mean that it isn’t an additional fee.

OD 9/8, MYLR, red, 20' wheels, 7 seater, black interior. EDD at the time of VIN was 12/30 - 1/28. Surprised that i got the VIN.
Congrats on the VIN. If you’re concerned about build quality, would def recommend going through a thorough checklist. Also worth doing just in case it was rejected by someone else. There are several checklists available online like this one: