Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are most people's date blank? I have a friend who ordered a LR Model Y few weeks ago and his date also went blank for last 3-4 days. I'm worried about the carbon fiber & white interior issue. Although I ordered in January, it still worries me! I've also never been contacted by Tesla on this vehicle, only automated texts back in late January.

Reactions: dfinn1
Add to this that the F-150's advertised range is with 1000lb load, not empty. If the numbers pan out, that is 465 miles of range. Obviously it is vaporware'ish for now, but that's insane range.
I feel like this is being exaggerated. A 1k difference will not make 165 miles difference in range. With a big vehicle like this, city vs highway might, though. And Ford uses a GOM.

I feel like this is being exaggerated. A 1k difference will not make 165 miles difference in range. With a big vehicle like this, city vs highway might, though. And Ford uses a GOM.
And there might be nothing to it at all. This info doesn't come from Ford. Marques said someone at Ford told him this. And it makes little sense. Why would Ford compromise the range test?

I love the new F-150, but I can't possibly understand how it could get anywhere near even 400 miles. I drive a lot and had a model X for years, and driving at 75mph would KILL the range. Every MPH you add to the cruise would significantly add to the air resistance and really lowered the range. I don't have any aerodynamic details, but that front end of the F150 looks like a bus, I just think real world distance driving on the highway will be tough for that vehicle. Maybe 465 miles at 30mph? Still amazing, but I'm very skeptical of any highway distances for it until we know more.
Its has been posted via MKBH that the range is with 1k load..so if you arent hauling anything you will get better range...

Yes I commented earlier. That 300 miles is with 1000lb load.

And there might be nothing to it at all. This info doesn't come from Ford. Marques said someone at Ford told him this. And it makes little sense. Why would Ford compromise the range test?

MKBHD (the source of this rumor) clarified his early speculation as seen below. His speculation that the car was driven very conservatively for the prior few miles, causing the BMS to overestimate remaining range, makes much more sense. Hauling / towing 1000lbs. should have nowhere near the impact on range that he originally speculated (and if it did, wow, bummer for those who need to tow / haul 2000lbs.+).

Spoke to SA a little bit ago. If you live in a state that the insurance card needs to be update, make sure to do that as that is a priority for allocating cars as well supposedly - who knows if that’s true or not. He said all the back and forth with delivery date and now blank probably means they are going to have an update soon. He said I would expect you to be around the date range of when you placed your order, but of course cannot say for sure.

He also said no model s on the lot yet. Should know more as we get closer to the event or on the 10th itself. He had nothing to say about the CF versus wood and all. So no news really. Sounded like he wanted to share some info as if he new something as an update, I was asking him 20 million questions, but was resisting......I dk. Maybe I’m just trying to stay hopeful. 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: Drew-MS and T-Racer
Are most people's date blank? I have a friend who ordered a LR Model Y few weeks ago and his date also went blank for last 3-4 days. I'm worried about the carbon fiber & white interior issue. Although I ordered in January, it still worries me! I've also never been contacted by Tesla on this vehicle, only automated texts back in late January.

My Feb 4th Black on White Plaid order was blank for months until a few days ago when it changed to Aug.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyHo
Spoke to SA a little bit ago. If you live in a state that the insurance card needs to be update, make sure to do that as that is a priority for allocating cars as well supposedly - who knows if that’s true or not. He said all the back and forth with delivery date and now blank probably means they are going to have an update soon. He said I would expect you to be around the date range of when you placed your order, but of course cannot say for sure.

He also said no model s on the lot yet. Should know more as we get closer to the event or on the 10th itself. He had nothing to say about the CF versus wood and all. So no news really. Sounded like he wanted to share some info as if he new something as an update, I was asking him 20 million questions, but was resisting......I dk. Maybe I’m just trying to stay hopeful. 🤞🤞🤞
Can't add your insurance card for the ~38 states that require you to have the VIN of the car on your insurance though..

My date still says “June” for LR, Arachnid, FSD, Black/Black, RN1144. I keep refreshing expecting the worst, but still shows June.

I am betting we get VIN’s this week, or a July bumped delivery date. I can’t imagine how it stays June if we don’t get a VIN this week.
Curious (and jealous). I have a LR on order as well. When did you order yours? Ordered mine March 23....showed "August" delivery for about a month, and now shows no estimated delivery date.

Super helpful post! Thank you. I am in a state that does not require the VIN to be listed on my policy, so I uploaded my current insurance card for my current Model S. Will report back here if that triggers a delivery date and VIN assignment.

Super helpful post! Thank you. I am in a state that does not require the VIN to be listed on my policy, so I uploaded my current insurance card for my current Model S. Will report back here if that triggers a delivery date and VIN assignment.

It won’t and has 0% to do with your delivery date

Last edited:
It would be unreasonable for Tesla to delay my delivery for lack of proof of insurance when Tesla is simultaneously trying to sell me insurance but hasn't made the button available. I'm not saying that I expect Tesla to be reasonable, however.

Probably the MKBHD video here where he also speculates that the 100% empty weight milage is around 460.

It makes sense to me that they would sandbag on the mileage, but I bet it comes at the cost of having a huge battery (which Marques also guesses). The most disappointing aspect of the F150 seems to be charging speed. 45 minute 15% to 80%, and 54 miles per 10 minutes on a 150kW DC charger seems pretty low.

Haven’t seen that one yet. Interesting

I know this will be an alien concept to the Tesla faithful, but it would be good for Ford to underset expectations on range as they introduce in a whole new community to EVs. It will not take too many "my truck left me stranded on the side of the road" stories to give EVs a bad rep among buyers.

MKBHD (the source of this rumor) clarified his early speculation as seen below. His speculation that the car was driven very conservatively for the prior few miles, causing the BMS to overestimate remaining range, makes much more sense. Hauling / towing 1000lbs. should have nowhere near the impact on range that he originally speculated (and if it did, wow, bummer for those who need to tow / haul 2000lbs.+).

Great YouTube channel but this isn’t anything but opinion. The range published by Ford is 300 miles.