Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way this is implemented seems wrong. If only buyers who take delivery counts, the scores should be based on that. Now you have a scenario where Bjorn's link doesn't work any more but the race still continues. It is still likely one of Bjorn's buyers will cancel their order or refuse delivery. If that happens somebody else could win who reaches 10 orders after Bjorn, but 10 deliveries before Bjorn. That would be terribly unfair. The right thing to do now would be to let referral links work until 10 deliveries (not orders) and add another column that shows number of deliveries. I hope for the next promotion they will stop the free car and just do the $1000 discounts. It is a mess.

Example:

Referrer
OrdersDeliveries
Bjrn3169124
Ivind333183
Peter32
Kevin41
Tam70
Nikolai40
Joe30

Last edited:
The way this is implemented seems wrong. If only buyers who take delivery counts, the scores should be based on that. Now you have a scenario where Bjorn's link doesn't work any more but the race still continues. It is still likely one of Bjorn's buyers will cancel their order or refuse delivery. If that happens somebody else could win who reaches 10 orders after Bjorn, but 10 deliveries before Bjorn. That would be terribly unfair. The right thing to do now would be to let referral links work until 10 deliveries (not orders) and add another column that shows number of deliveries. I hope for the next promotion they will stop the free car and just do the $1000 discounts. It is a mess.

Example:

Referrer
OrdersDeliveries
Bjrn3169124
Ivind333183
Peter32
Kevin41
Tam70
Nikolai40
Joe30

There's no reason Tesla couldn't still reopen Bjorn's referral link, and do exactly as you (and others) have suggested. I agree that Bjorn (and anyone reaching 10 referrals) should be able to continue banking referrals up until the point that it is determined their 10 referrals are valid.

Don't make me read through 38 pages... who is Bjørn and why do people want him, specifically, to win?

I only just heard about this program (and now I see why - it wasn't announced very long ago) and I had a couple people say I should use
Bjørn's link.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I found this and watched (painfully) the whole thing. I was waiting for when he says he's going to cure cancer or give away the money to homeless or some other persuit that justifies the fanbase and support, but nope. I don't get it. What am I missing? Clearly something.

Don't make me read through 38 pages... who is Bjørn and why do people want him, specifically, to win?

I only just heard about this program (and now I see why - it wasn't announced very long ago) and I had a couple people say I should use
Bjørn's link.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I found this and watched (painfully) the whole thing. I was waiting for when he says he's going to cure cancer or give away the money to homeless or some other persuit that justifies the fanbase and support, but nope. I don't get it. What am I missing? Clearly something.

Yeah you're missing something.

Haw about reading through 80 pages, and waching about 20 hours of video? Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos ;)

I personally want him to win because I want to see him putting the Model X through it's paces. But he certainly deserves to win the referral program. He uses his Model S almost every weekend to do Nimber tasks. In doing so, he's shown the car to hundreds of senders/recievers, probably inspiring dozens of sales. His videos have also brought in many potential buyers, as many of the videos have been watched over 100k times. If 0.5% end up buying a Model S, that's 500 buyers he's brought in...

The raw time Bjorn spent setting up,videoing, editing, adding graphics, doing the sound, etc(I don't even know everything that it takes to do those videos)... The time it took Bjorn is worth AT LEAST the value of the Model X, and that's before all the goodwill and referrals he's brought the Tesla. For Tesla to give away a Model x for all of that, they're getting off CHEAP!! And Bjorn only did it as a labor of love. No one is more deserving.

For instance, every time you see a shot of him driving off into the sunset or arriving or departing a supercharger, he has to set up the shot, jump in his car, drive away (out of view) leaving the camera behind.then turn around and come back to get the camera. And if the shot wasn't good enough, repeat it until its up to par. All that takes a ton of extra time and passion.

Congratulations Bjorn!

Last edited:
Don't make me read through 38 pages... who is Bjørn and why do people want him, specifically, to win?... I was waiting for when he says he's going to cure cancer or give away the money to homeless or some other persuit that justifies the fanbase and support, but nope. I don't get it. What am I missing? Clearly something.
The Tesla referral program is about using owners and enthusiasts to sell more Model S. Go to Bjorn's YouTube channel. He has done more to promote Tesla and the Model S than any owner I am aware of. I am thrilled that he has won a free X!

Björn had a huge influence on me. When I saw him go to the North Cape on Level 2 charging, I realized this car can go anywhere. If a RWD P85 can haul hundreds of pounds on salted roads above the Arctic Circle without issue, I figured there was no need for me to be concerned about this California car handling harsh Northeast winters.

Hard working, talented video editor, humble, funny, hot wifey - what's not to like? He didn't show us videos of "hey this Model S, it's really quick." Instead he used the car for his 2nd job & showed us you can do almost anything.

You can treat it like a pickup. You can camp in it. Or you can take it on 6,000 km road trips. And if you like, you can take this nearly 5,000 pound car and do 11 minute laps around Nürburgring. All the while spending next to nothing on fuel.

Björn won the EU referral contest, but he's been convincing people to buy the Model S for almost two years. Well done, brotha from another motha!

The raw time Bjorn spent setting up,videoing, editing, adding graphics, doing the sound, etc(I don't even know everything that it takes to do those videos)... The time it took Bjorn is worth AT LEAST the value of the Model X, and that's before all the goodwill and referrals he's brought the Tesla. For Tesla to give away a Model x for all of that, they're getting off CHEAP!! And Bjorn only did it as a labor of love. No one is more deserving.

For instance, every time you see a shot of him driving off into the sunset or arriving or departing a supercharger, he has to set up the shot, jump in his car, drive away (out of view) leaving the camera behind.then turn around and come back to get the camera. And if the shot wasn't good enough, repeat it until its up to par. All that takes a ton of extra time and passion.

Congratulations Bjorn!

The Tesla referral program is about using owners and enthusiasts to sell more Model S. Go to Bjorn's YouTube channel. He has done more to promote Tesla and the Model S than any owner I am aware of. I am thrilled that he has won a free X!

Björn had a huge influence on me. When I saw him go to the North Cape on Level 2 charging, I realized this car can go anywhere. If a RWD P85 can haul hundreds of pounds on salted roads above the Arctic Circle without issue, I figured there was no need for me to be concerned about this California car handling harsh Northeast winters.

Hard working, talented video editor, humble, funny, hot wifey - what's not to like? He didn't show us videos of "hey this Model S, it's really quick." Instead he used the car for his 2nd job & showed us you can do almost anything.

You can treat it like a pickup. You can camp in it. Or you can take it on 6,000 km road trips. And if you like, you can take this nearly 5,000 pound car and do 11 minute laps around Nürburgring. All the while spending next to nothing on fuel.

Björn won the EU referral contest, but he's been convincing people to buy the Model S for almost two years. Well done, brotha from another motha!

There is absolutely no one more deserving that comes to mind - and seeing Bjorn win is a win for every one of us who has been evangelizing in our own way for years (just not as well as Bjorn!).

Same here, congrats Bjorn!

Confirmed by Elon. Bjørn must be Xstatic!

Bjørn Nyland (@BjornNyland)
8/7/15, 9:04 PM
@elonmusk Did I win the @TeslaMotors referral competition in EU or is it not confirmed yet? pic.twitter.com/2ubMshgDLL

Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
8/8/15, 9:25 AM
@BjornNyland Provided all ten take delivery, you have indeed!

Confirmed by Elon. Bjørn must be Xstatic!

Bjørn Nyland (@BjornNyland)
8/7/15, 9:04 PM
@elonmusk Did I win the @TeslaMotors referral competition in EU or is it not confirmed yet? pic.twitter.com/2ubMshgDLL

Elon Musk (@elonmusk)
8/8/15, 9:25 AM
@BjornNyland Provided all ten take delivery, you have indeed!

LOL

Actually Elon threw in the delivery caveat. By that logic the contest goes on for 3-4 months. Björn can't bank an 11th or 12th referral just in case someone backs out. Then what?

But I'm confident this will sort itself out & Björn will get a Founders Series Model X.

LOL

Actually Elon threw in the delivery caveat. By that logic the contest goes on for 3-4 months. Björn can't bank an 11th or 12th referral just in case someone backs out. Then what?

But I'm confident this will sort itself out & Björn will get a Founders Series Model X.

This easily solved, as others have pointed out, by letting him refer more, even if he is capped at the $10,000/€10,000/£10,000 or whatever the equivalent is for his area...

Status
Not open for further replies.